New unofficial FreeBSD .br mirror (Fortaleza, CE)

New unofficial FreeBSD .br mirror (Fortaleza, CE)

Vinícius Zavam
ladies and gentlemen,
i've settled a freebsd mirror up last week focused in amd64+i386 archs
and it may have current, stables (8 and 7) and the last 2 supported
releases (8.2 and 7.4) packages as well. i did some installations
using it and for me it seems to be ok. there's http, ftp and rsync
services available for all of you; www3.itti.ifce.edu.br/pub/FreeBSD

please tell me if anything is wrong or if it's not good at all to
become an official mirror.
in a feel days/weeks i'm planning to set up a cvs/svn mirror too.
i did this ftp mirror because our .br mirrors aren't good enough
(outdated) for people that are used to run some -current amd64/i386
machines.

the link i'm using and serving you is a 1gbit connection and it's
running only IPv4.
unfortunately i couldn't get 10gbit nics and other server/nas to
provide you the master piece from this infrastructure i'm using.

i got all my stuff from ftp.halifax.rwth-aachen.de. thanks to all of
you  rwth-aachen maintainers.
enjoy it!

pt_BR,
aos demais admins de mirrors brasileiros, sintam-se a vontade para
quaisquer contatos diretos comigo. será um prazer trocar
experiências/dicas e etc.
forfe, ainda tens meu e-mail em tua caixa de mensagens? gostaria de um
retorno sobre aquele primeiro contato que fizemos; ficaria MUITO
agradecido. valeu!

['s]

--
Vinícius Zavam
profiles.google.com/egypcio

Re: New unofficial FreeBSD .br mirror (Fortaleza, CE)

Vinícius Zavam
2011/9/11 Vinícius Zavam <[hidden email]>:

> ladies and gentlemen,
> i've settled a freebsd mirror up last week focused in amd64+i386 archs
> and it may have current, stables (8 and 7) and the last 2 supported
> releases (8.2 and 7.4) packages as well. i did some installations
> using it and for me it seems to be ok. there's http, ftp and rsync
> services available for all of you; www3.itti.ifce.edu.br/pub/FreeBSD
>
> please tell me if anything is wrong or if it's not good at all to
> become an official mirror.
> in a feel days/weeks i'm planning to set up a cvs/svn mirror too.
> i did this ftp mirror because our .br mirrors aren't good enough
> (outdated) for people that are used to run some -current amd64/i386
> machines.
>
> the link i'm using and serving you is a 1gbit connection and it's
> running only IPv4.
> unfortunately i couldn't get 10gbit nics and other server/nas to
> provide you the master piece from this infrastructure i'm using.
>
> i got all my stuff from ftp.halifax.rwth-aachen.de. thanks to all of
> you  rwth-aachen maintainers.
> enjoy it!
>
> pt_BR,
> aos demais admins de mirrors brasileiros, sintam-se a vontade para
> quaisquer contatos diretos comigo. será um prazer trocar
> experiências/dicas e etc.
> forfe, ainda tens meu e-mail em tua caixa de mensagens? gostaria de um
> retorno sobre aquele primeiro contato que fizemos; ficaria MUITO
> agradecido. valeu!
>
> ['s]
>

> --
> Vinícius Zavam
> profiles.google.com/egypcio

gentlemen,

we will be out for a while; saturday (15/10/2011) from 9h to 14h (GMT-3).
our backbone facility will keep their core routers offline during some
maintainance procedures. (why do they do not have backup routers? good
question). i'm sorry about it.

2011/10/13 Vinícius Zavam <[hidden email]>:
> 2011/9/11 Vinícius Zavam <[hidden email]>:

unfortunately, during this christmas time, the institute where our
mirror is running at decided to do some "modifications" (painting
stuff) and so on.

the infra-guys asked me about turning some machines off and in a near
future they will give me some space at they servers room to stop
bothering me about things like this.

i'm sorry about all this mess.

> gentlemen,
>
> we will be out for a while; saturday (15/10/2011) from 9h to 14h (GMT-3).
> our backbone facility will keep their core routers offline during some
> maintainance procedures. (why do they do not have backup routers? good
> question). i'm sorry about it.
>

> --
> Vinícius Zavam
> profiles.google.com/egypcio

--
Vinícius Zavam
profiles.google.com/egypcio

Re: New unofficial FreeBSD .br mirror (Fortaleza, CE)

Vinícius Zavam
we are back.
On Dec 23, 2011 2:45 PM, "Vinícius Zavam" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> 2011/10/13 Vinícius Zavam <[hidden email]>:
> > 2011/9/11 Vinícius Zavam <[hidden email]>:
>
> unfortunately, during this christmas time, the institute where our
> mirror is running at decided to do some "modifications" (painting
> stuff) and so on.
>
> the infra-guys asked me about turning some machines off and in a near
> future they will give me some space at they servers room to stop
> bothering me about things like this.
>
> i'm sorry about all this mess.
>

> > gentlemen,
> >
> > we will be out for a while; saturday (15/10/2011) from 9h to 14h (GMT-3).
> > our backbone facility will keep their core routers offline during some
> > maintainance procedures. (why do they do not have backup routers? good
> > question). i'm sorry about it.
> >

> > --
> > Vinícius Zavam
> > profiles.google.com/egypcio
>

> --
> Vinícius Zavam
> profiles.google.com/egypcio

Re: New unofficial FreeBSD .br mirror (Fortaleza, CE)

Leandro Silva
Hey Vinicius,

Mirror was added, please check it out, as follows.

%dig @ns.br.FreeBSD.org rsync2.br.FreeBSD.org +short
200.129.46.46
%dig @ns.br.FreeBSD.org ftp6.br.FreeBSD.org +short
200.129.46.46