New version of ISDN4BSD in the works

Hans Petter Selasky-6
Hi,

My ISDN4BSD is making some steps into the TCP/IP domain. In the next
version of ISDN4BSD, chan_capi will be extended to talk to remote CAPI
devices. There are currently two supported protocols, BINTEC and a new
ISDN4BSD only one.

Example:

env CAPI_CLIENT_HOST=10.70.4.21 asterisk

At "10.70.4.21" an instance of a new utility called "capiserver" is
running. This allows more simple devices to interface with the ISDN or
hardware and then a more powerful computer can run the Asterisk in a
jail, for example.

Also ISDN4BSD will get support for emulating a Yealink USB phone device.
To use this feature you will need a supported platform which has got a
USB device port. This feature is currently used for interfacing towards
telephony applications in non-FreeBSD systems. Or can be used in
general, that when your USB audio is playing something, you will get an
incoming call ...

--HPS

Re: New version of ISDN4BSD in the works

Hans Petter Selasky-6
On 08/12/14 14:44, Hans Petter Selasky wrote:

> Hi,
>
> My ISDN4BSD is making some steps into the TCP/IP domain. In the next
> version of ISDN4BSD, chan_capi will be extended to talk to remote CAPI
> devices. There are currently two supported protocols, BINTEC and a new
> ISDN4BSD only one.
>
> Example:
>
> env CAPI_CLIENT_HOST=10.70.4.21 asterisk

Hi,

The ISDN4BSD, libcapi and chan_capi ports have now all be updated. You
need to re-install all ports due to libcapi API changes.

1) libcapi
2) chan_capi
3) ISDN4BSD-xxx

At the moment an RC.D script for capiserver is missing. To be done.

Configuration and selection of CAPI backend is now done using capi.conf
instead of the system environment.

See capi.conf.sample for examples.

The ports are as usual available through:

svn --username anonsvn --password anonsvn \
       checkout svn://svn.turbocat.net/i4b/trunk/ports

Thank you!

--HPS