[OT][Contest] InCTF 2012: A national level capture the flag style ethical hacking contest

[OT][Contest] InCTF 2012: A national level capture the flag style ethical hacking contest

arathi prabhu
Hello everyone,

My name is Arathi Prabhu and I am a student of Amrita University,
Amritapuri, Kerala. The university, in association with Amrita TIFAC Core
in Cyber security, is conducting a national level capture the flag style
ethical hacking contest, InCTF, solely aimed at students. The contest is
similar to several international CTF style contests such as UCSB's iCTF,
RuCTFe etc but participation is limited to students enrolled in an Indian
University only and is being held from November 2011 to January 2012.

The goal of the contest is to impart to students knowledge of secure coding
practices and the implications of not following them. The contest features
3 rounds-first round is a learning round, second puts the learning to test
and the final round is the CTF round where teams will be given a vulnerable
Linux machine to defend.

The pre-requisite of the contest is knowledge of a programming language.
Working knowledge of Linux is highly desirable but not required; learn the
required skills while participating in the contest. The first round is a
learning round which imparts the skills that will be required in the later
stages of the contest.

A team can consist of maximum 5 members, all of whom must be from the same
college. There is no registration fee to participate in the contest. Prizes
for the top 5 places: upto Rs. 25000, upto Rs. 20000, upto Rs. 15000, upto
Rs. 10000 and upto Rs. 5000 respectively.

Registrations to the contest are open till December 31st, 2011. Keep in
touch via  Website  <http://inctf.in/> | Email <[hidden email]> |
Facebook<http://www.facebook.com/InCTF>

--

With regards

Arathi Prabhu

Final Year Computer Science,

Amrita Vishwa VIdyapeetham,

Amritapuri.

Re: [OT][Contest] InCTF 2012: A national level capture the flag style ethical hacking contest

Julian H. Stacey-3
Hi,
Reference:

arathi prabhu wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> My name is Arathi Prabhu and I am a student of Amrita University,
> Amritapuri, Kerala. The university, in association with Amrita TIFAC Core
> in Cyber security, is conducting a national level capture the flag style
> ethical hacking contest,

You could also post to [hidden email].

Cheers,
Julian
--
Julian Stacey, BSD Unix Linux C Sys Eng Consultants Munich http://berklix.com
 Reply below not above, cumulative like a play script, & indent with "> ".