We have an open position for IS Infrastructure Manager, within our primarily virtualized FreeBSD environment.
IS Infrastructure Manager
The role of the IS Infrastructure Manager is to architect, maintain, and manage LPI’s IS infrastructure, in a Unix environment and FreeBSD operating system. Day-to-day management and support includes server & storage platforms, networking (WAN/LAN), phone systems, development/QA environments, user workstation environments, video conferencing, and all related monitoring, reporting, and documentation. This position also provides leadership / management to the IS staff dedicated to infrastructure support, ensuring excellent levels of IS support service are provided to internal customers.
• Ensure the performance, reliability, availability and security of all IS systems. Provides day-to-day operational execution both hands-on and through team members to ensure all systems are kept running optimally.
• Develops and maintains a strong infrastructure team composed of the local LAN admins and corporate IS infrastructure personnel. Mentors, coaches and develops immediate staff. Provides weekly direction by goal setting, planning, and motivating staff. Provides routine performance feedback both regularly and through the Performance Check-In process. Assist staff in creating and implementing career development plans.
• Maintains and fosters vendor relationships for infrastructure products and services. Negotiates with vendors. Price comparisons are necessary to measure current standard and possible areas for improvement.
• Implement and maintain standards and procedures as necessary to gain efficiencies, fostering an IS culture of continuous improvement.
• Architect and deploy new IS systems and upgrades.
• Develop and maintain documentation of all IS systems, standards and procedures.
• Serves as the escalation and communication point for any site-wide or critical IS infrastructure issues.
• Completes cost analysis and justification for new infrastructure expenditures.
• Creates and then manages the infrastructure budget and is accountable for reviewing financial statements sent out after month end to identify successes and adjustments required. Reports adjustments to accounting and reviews final draft for accuracy.
• Bachelors Degree in IS related field of study preferred (business administration or computer science based).
• 5+ years working in a IS Systems / Network Administration role.
• Specific experience with UNIX (FreeBSD) and Window Platforms required. IBMi series desired.
• Past managerial or team lead experience is required; experience managing remote teams preferred.
• Strong communication skills requiring the ability to convey very technical information effectively in a technical or non-technical manner to a wide variety of other employees ranging from fellow staff to senior management.
• Working knowledge of a range of computer and networking systems; hardware and peripheral equipment.
• Ability to organize and prioritize many competing tasks and projects.
• Ability to motivate and give direction to a team of IS Infrastructure staff promoting a “self starter” non-”micromanaged” working environment.
• Deep knowledge of computer and network security systems, applications, procedures, and techniques.
• Problem solving and analytical computer skills.
• Ongoing desire to learn new technologies.
• Willingness to pursue continuing education in field of expertise as well as related fields for the purpose of cross training.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Key Words: IS, Unix, FreeBSD, Infrastructure, Infrastructure Manager, Information Systems, Windows, WAN/LAN, Network Administration, Computer Science, IS, Unix, FreeBSD, Infrastructure, Infrastructure Manager, Information Systems, Windows, WAN/LAN, Network Administration, Computer Science
Click Here to Apply
No direct replies to this email address. Thanks
The information in this email, and any attachments, may contain confidential information and is intended for the attention and use of the named addressee(s). It must not be disclosed to any person without authorization. If you are not the intended recipient, or a person responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you are not authorized to and must not disclose, copy, distribute, or retain this message or any part of it.
[hidden email] mailing list
To unsubscribe, send any mail to "[hidden email]"
|Free forum by Nabble||Edit this page|