PCI-e ISDN BRI Card

Cian Hughes-3
Hi All,
I have just realized that my new home VoIP server has only got one
3.3v PCI slot and no 5v PCI card slot so it will not work with my AVM
B1 (v4) card which is a 5v PCI card.
So I am in the market for a new ISDN BRI interface.
I am running FreeBSD 7.1-amd64, with asterisk.
What do people suggest? The server also has two free PCIe slots.
Has anyone used a PCIe ISDN BRI card with FreeBSD? I think this would
be my preferred solution, but the only card I can find is the B200E
from openvox which is very expensive (http://www.openvox.com.cn/products_detail.php?genre_id=37&id=108
).

Alternatively has anyone used a 3.3v PCI card with 1 or 2 BRIs?

Finally what are peoples experiences of using an external USB BRI?

Many Thanks,
~Cian Hughes

Re: PCI-e ISDN BRI Card

Oliver von Bueren
> I am running FreeBSD 7.1-amd64, with asterisk.

I used and still do some internal cards from Beronet, they have a PCIe
version on their site. HPS might know if it will work, it looks like a
new product.
http://www.beronet.com/content/category/10/38/91/lang,en/

External solutions: I use my asterisk at home with a Patton SN4634 ISDN
gateway: http://www.patton.com/. Difficult to configure, but if done
correctly, works rock solid. At home I had a cheap AVM Fritz v2 card
which gave me quite some troubles, would not recommend that. Replaced it
with the Patton and never any problems again. And you won't have any
issues with drivers, as you use SIP for your trunks.

Oliver