Panic during reboot involving softclock_call_cc(), nd6_timer() and nd6_dad_start()

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Panic during reboot involving softclock_call_cc(), nd6_timer() and nd6_dad_start()

Trond Endrestøl
Hi,

Has anyone else witnessed a panic during reboot involving
softclock_call_cc(), nd6_timer(), and nd6_dad_start()?

The stack trace goes more or less like this:

db_trace_self_wrapper()
vpanic()
panic()
trap_fatal()
trap()
calltrap()
nd6_dad_start()
nd6_timer()
softclock_call_cc()
softclock()
ithread_loop()
fork_exit()
fork_trampoline()

This was last seen while transitioning from r345628 to r346220 on
amd64 stable/12.

--
Trond.
_______________________________________________
[hidden email] mailing list
https://lists.freebsd.org/mailman/listinfo/freebsd-stable
To unsubscribe, send any mail to "[hidden email]"
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Panic during reboot involving softclock_call_cc(), nd6_timer() and nd6_dad_start()

Trond Endrestøl
On Mon, 15 Apr 2019 15:31+0200, Trond Endrestøl wrote:

> Has anyone else witnessed a panic during reboot involving
> softclock_call_cc(), nd6_timer(), and nd6_dad_start()?
>
> The stack trace goes more or less like this:
>
> db_trace_self_wrapper()
> vpanic()
> panic()
> trap_fatal()
> trap()
> calltrap()
> nd6_dad_start()
> nd6_timer()
> softclock_call_cc()
> softclock()
> ithread_loop()
> fork_exit()
> fork_trampoline()
>
> This was last seen while transitioning from r345628 to r346220 on
> amd64 stable/12.

The NIC in question is a Chelsio T6225-CR, cxgbe(4), using the cc0
port only.

--
Trond.
_______________________________________________
[hidden email] mailing list
https://lists.freebsd.org/mailman/listinfo/freebsd-stable
To unsubscribe, send any mail to "[hidden email]"
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Panic during reboot involving softclock_call_cc(), nd6_timer() and nd6_dad_start()

Andrey V. Elsukov-2
In reply to this post by Trond Endrestøl
On 15.04.2019 16:31, Trond Endrestøl wrote:

> Has anyone else witnessed a panic during reboot involving
> softclock_call_cc(), nd6_timer(), and nd6_dad_start()?
>
> The stack trace goes more or less like this:
>
> db_trace_self_wrapper()
> vpanic()
> panic()
> trap_fatal()
> trap()
> calltrap()
> nd6_dad_start()
> nd6_timer()
> softclock_call_cc()
> softclock()
> ithread_loop()
> fork_exit()
> fork_trampoline()
>
> This was last seen while transitioning from r345628 to r346220 on
> amd64 stable/12.
Hi,

do you have exact panic message and/or backtrace from core dump?
It would be good to submit PR about such problems.

--
WBR, Andrey V. Elsukov


signature.asc (566 bytes) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Panic during reboot involving softclock_call_cc(), nd6_timer() and nd6_dad_start()

Trond Endrestøl
On Wed, 17 Apr 2019 12:41+0300, Andrey V. Elsukov wrote:

> On 15.04.2019 16:31, Trond Endrestøl wrote:
> > Has anyone else witnessed a panic during reboot involving
> > softclock_call_cc(), nd6_timer(), and nd6_dad_start()?
> >
> > The stack trace goes more or less like this:
> >
> > db_trace_self_wrapper()
> > vpanic()
> > panic()
> > trap_fatal()
> > trap()
> > calltrap()
> > nd6_dad_start()
> > nd6_timer()
> > softclock_call_cc()
> > softclock()
> > ithread_loop()
> > fork_exit()
> > fork_trampoline()
> >
> > This was last seen while transitioning from r345628 to r346220 on
> > amd64 stable/12.
>
> Hi,
>
> do you have exact panic message and/or backtrace from core dump?

Here's another system I had to shut down recently:

root@HOSTNAME:/var/crash # kgdb /boot/kernel/kernel vmcore.0
[...]
Fatal trap 12: page fault while in kernel mode
cpuid = 0; apic id = 00
fault virtual address   = 0x410
fault code              = supervisor read data  , page not present
instruction pointer     = 0x20:0xffffffff807ea33d
stack pointer           = 0x28:0xfffffe005ad3c8d0
frame pointer           = 0x28:0xfffffe005ad3c960
code segment            = base 0x0, limit 0xfffff, type 0x1b
                        = DPL 0, pres 1, long 1, def32 0, gran 1
processor eflags        = interrupt enabled, resume, IOPL = 0
current process         = 12 (swi4: clock (0))
trap number             = 12
panic: page fault
cpuid = 0
time = 1555402802
KDB: stack backtrace:
db_trace_self_wrapper() at 0xffffffff8054125b = db_trace_self_wrapper+0x2b/frame 0xfffffe005ad3c570
vpanic() at 0xffffffff8080aae4 = vpanic+0x1b4/frame 0xfffffe005ad3c5d0
panic() at 0xffffffff8080a923 = panic+0x43/frame 0xfffffe005ad3c630
trap_fatal() at 0xffffffff80b76244 = trap_fatal+0x394/frame 0xfffffe005ad3c690
trap_pfault() at 0xffffffff80b762a9 = trap_pfault+0x49/frame 0xfffffe005ad3c6f0
trap() at 0xffffffff80b7588f = trap+0x29f/frame 0xfffffe005ad3c800
calltrap() at 0xffffffff80b514c5 = calltrap+0x8/frame 0xfffffe005ad3c800
--- trap 0xc, rip = 0xffffffff807ea33d, rsp = 0xfffffe005ad3c8d0, rbp = 0xfffffe005ad3c960 ---
__mtx_lock_sleep() at 0xffffffff807ea33d = __mtx_lock_sleep+0xbd/frame 0xfffffe005ad3c960
mld_fasttimo() at 0xffffffff80a3ae32 = mld_fasttimo+0x492/frame 0xfffffe005ad3ca50
pffasttimo() at 0xffffffff80899fa4 = pffasttimo+0x54/frame 0xfffffe005ad3ca80
softclock_call_cc() at 0xffffffff80824e0e = softclock_call_cc+0x12e/frame 0xfffffe005ad3cb30
softclock() at 0xffffffff808252f9 = softclock+0x79/frame 0xfffffe005ad3cb50
ithread_loop() at 0xffffffff807cd824 = ithread_loop+0x1d4/frame 0xfffffe005ad3cbb0
fork_exit() at 0xffffffff807ca2d3 = fork_exit+0x83/frame 0xfffffe005ad3cbf0
fork_trampoline() at 0xffffffff80b524be = fork_trampoline+0xe/frame 0xfffffe005ad3cbf0
--- trap 0, rip = 0, rsp = 0, rbp = 0 ---
Uptime: 34d16h8m2s
Dumping 4593 out of 12258
MB:..1%..11%..21%..31%..41%..51%..61%..71%..81%..91%

This particular system uses lagg0 comprised of bce0, bce1, em0, and
em1. Also, it runs a custom kernel.

> It would be good to submit PR about such problems.

I'll submit the details in a PR.

--
Trond.
_______________________________________________
[hidden email] mailing list
https://lists.freebsd.org/mailman/listinfo/freebsd-stable
To unsubscribe, send any mail to "[hidden email]"
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Panic during reboot involving softclock_call_cc(), nd6_timer() and nd6_dad_start()

Trond Endrestøl
On Wed, 17 Apr 2019 12:05+0200, Trond Endrestøl wrote:

> On Wed, 17 Apr 2019 12:41+0300, Andrey V. Elsukov wrote:
>
> > On 15.04.2019 16:31, Trond Endrestøl wrote:
> > > Has anyone else witnessed a panic during reboot involving
> > > softclock_call_cc(), nd6_timer(), and nd6_dad_start()?
> > >
> > > The stack trace goes more or less like this:
> > >
> > > db_trace_self_wrapper()
> > > vpanic()
> > > panic()
> > > trap_fatal()
> > > trap()
> > > calltrap()
> > > nd6_dad_start()
> > > nd6_timer()
> > > softclock_call_cc()
> > > softclock()
> > > ithread_loop()
> > > fork_exit()
> > > fork_trampoline()
> > >
> > > This was last seen while transitioning from r345628 to r346220 on
> > > amd64 stable/12.
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > do you have exact panic message and/or backtrace from core dump?
>
> Here's another system I had to shut down recently:
>
> root@HOSTNAME:/var/crash # kgdb /boot/kernel/kernel vmcore.0
> [...]
> Fatal trap 12: page fault while in kernel mode
> cpuid = 0; apic id = 00
> fault virtual address   = 0x410
> fault code              = supervisor read data  , page not present
> instruction pointer     = 0x20:0xffffffff807ea33d
> stack pointer           = 0x28:0xfffffe005ad3c8d0
> frame pointer           = 0x28:0xfffffe005ad3c960
> code segment            = base 0x0, limit 0xfffff, type 0x1b
>                         = DPL 0, pres 1, long 1, def32 0, gran 1
> processor eflags        = interrupt enabled, resume, IOPL = 0
> current process         = 12 (swi4: clock (0))
> trap number             = 12
> panic: page fault
> cpuid = 0
> time = 1555402802
> KDB: stack backtrace:
> db_trace_self_wrapper() at 0xffffffff8054125b = db_trace_self_wrapper+0x2b/frame 0xfffffe005ad3c570
> vpanic() at 0xffffffff8080aae4 = vpanic+0x1b4/frame 0xfffffe005ad3c5d0
> panic() at 0xffffffff8080a923 = panic+0x43/frame 0xfffffe005ad3c630
> trap_fatal() at 0xffffffff80b76244 = trap_fatal+0x394/frame 0xfffffe005ad3c690
> trap_pfault() at 0xffffffff80b762a9 = trap_pfault+0x49/frame 0xfffffe005ad3c6f0
> trap() at 0xffffffff80b7588f = trap+0x29f/frame 0xfffffe005ad3c800
> calltrap() at 0xffffffff80b514c5 = calltrap+0x8/frame 0xfffffe005ad3c800
> --- trap 0xc, rip = 0xffffffff807ea33d, rsp = 0xfffffe005ad3c8d0, rbp = 0xfffffe005ad3c960 ---
> __mtx_lock_sleep() at 0xffffffff807ea33d = __mtx_lock_sleep+0xbd/frame 0xfffffe005ad3c960
> mld_fasttimo() at 0xffffffff80a3ae32 = mld_fasttimo+0x492/frame 0xfffffe005ad3ca50
> pffasttimo() at 0xffffffff80899fa4 = pffasttimo+0x54/frame 0xfffffe005ad3ca80
> softclock_call_cc() at 0xffffffff80824e0e = softclock_call_cc+0x12e/frame 0xfffffe005ad3cb30
> softclock() at 0xffffffff808252f9 = softclock+0x79/frame 0xfffffe005ad3cb50
> ithread_loop() at 0xffffffff807cd824 = ithread_loop+0x1d4/frame 0xfffffe005ad3cbb0
> fork_exit() at 0xffffffff807ca2d3 = fork_exit+0x83/frame 0xfffffe005ad3cbf0
> fork_trampoline() at 0xffffffff80b524be = fork_trampoline+0xe/frame 0xfffffe005ad3cbf0
> --- trap 0, rip = 0, rsp = 0, rbp = 0 ---
> Uptime: 34d16h8m2s
> Dumping 4593 out of 12258
> MB:..1%..11%..21%..31%..41%..51%..61%..71%..81%..91%
>
> This particular system uses lagg0 comprised of bce0, bce1, em0, and
> em1. Also, it runs a custom kernel.
>
> > It would be good to submit PR about such problems.
>
> I'll submit the details in a PR.

PR is 237329.
https://bugs.freebsd.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=237329

--
Trond.
_______________________________________________
[hidden email] mailing list
https://lists.freebsd.org/mailman/listinfo/freebsd-stable
To unsubscribe, send any mail to "[hidden email]"