Possible GSoC idea, eBPF for FreeBSD

Yutaro Hayakawa
Dear FreeBSD Hackers

Hello, this is Yutaro Hayakawa, master student of Keio University Japan.
Sorry if this mail was duplicated, I sent once with no membership. And
now I am a member of this mailing list.

I’m now working for implementing eBPF for FreeBSD. I had talk about this
in BSDCam2017 (https://wiki.freebsd.org/DevSummit/201708 <https://wiki.freebsd.org/DevSummit/201708>) and will make
talk in BSDCan2018 (https://lists.bsdcan.org/pipermail/bsdcan-announce/2018-March/000168.html <https://lists.bsdcan.org/pipermail/bsdcan-announce/2018-March/000168.html>).

Below you can see some work in progress codes.

eBPF itself: https://github.com/YutaroHayakawa/generic-ebpf <https://github.com/YutaroHayakawa/generic-ebpf>
eBPF + VALE software switch: https://github.com/YutaroHayakawa/vale-bpf <https://github.com/YutaroHayakawa/vale-bpf>

To move this work forward, I’d like to make this GSoC project. I have a rough idea
for what I do in 12weeks, but not yet discuss it with FreeBSD people.

Is there anyone who willing to mentor this work? Could you discuss about this with
me?

Best Regards,
Yutaro

P.S
For the people attended to AsiaBSDCon2018, I hope you enjoy Tokyo!

Re: Possible GSoC idea, eBPF for FreeBSD

Ryan Stone-2
I would be very interested in serving as a mentor for this project.  I
am registered at the GSOC as Ryan Stone at [hidden email].  Please
feel free to contact me off-list if you have any questions about your
project proposal.

Thanks,
Ryan

Re: Possible GSoC idea, eBPF for FreeBSD

Yutaro Hayakawa
Hello Ryan,

Thank you very much!

Probably I will come up with some unclear point when I
make my proposal. Let me reach out to you at that time.

Best regards,
Yutaro