Processes stuck in STOP state on 12.0-BETA3

Processes stuck in STOP state on 12.0-BETA3

Alan Somers-2
On a fresh install of 12.0-BETA3, I'm seeing processes get stuck in the
STOP state.  Neither SIGCONT nor SIGKILL has any effect.  And it's
reproducible.  All I have to do is:
1) Login to my login manager, which starts xfce
2) Start firefox
3) kill X
4) Login again
5) ps -ax  | egrep '\<T\>'

And I see three firefox processes.  It's not just firefox either; I first
saw 0ad spontaneously enter the STOP state, without first killing X.

Anybody have any ideas?  The bug seems reproducible, so I'll try anything.

-Alan

Re: Processes stuck in STOP state on 12.0-BETA3

Konstantin Belousov
On Thu, Nov 08, 2018 at 07:08:50PM -0700, Alan Somers wrote:

> On a fresh install of 12.0-BETA3, I'm seeing processes get stuck in the
> STOP state.  Neither SIGCONT nor SIGKILL has any effect.  And it's
> reproducible.  All I have to do is:
> 1) Login to my login manager, which starts xfce
> 2) Start firefox
> 3) kill X
> 4) Login again
> 5) ps -ax  | egrep '\<T\>'
>
> And I see three firefox processes.  It's not just firefox either; I first
> saw 0ad spontaneously enter the STOP state, without first killing X.
>
> Anybody have any ideas?  The bug seems reproducible, so I'll try anything.

Look at the state of all its threads using procstat -k.