Q on types of xen virtualization

bv_arvind
Thanks Sean. the freebsd that I use does not have xen related change set.
So is it a Xen HVM or is it simply HVM. Also in case of 64 bit, its
mentioned that if xen drivers are supported performance improves ? Any
numbers on the improvement on that was achieved with and without the xen
drivers ?
Thanks
Arvind

Re: Q on types of xen virtualization

Sean Bruno-5
On Thu, 2012-08-09 at 17:28 -0700, arvind viswanathan wrote:
> Thanks Sean. the freebsd that I use does not have xen related change set.
> So is it a Xen HVM or is it simply HVM. Also in case of 64 bit, its
> mentioned that if xen drivers are supported performance improves ? Any
> numbers on the improvement on that was achieved with and without the xen
> drivers ?
> Thanks
> Arvind

*IF* you are booting a 64bit FreeBSD vm, it will be HVM until you
recompiled using the XENHVM kernel config to build and install a new
kernel.

Sean