Ralink RT3290 wifi+bluetooth support?

freebsd-wireless mailing list
The Ralink RT3290 PCIe card is supported in Linux but not in FreeBSD.
I'm trying to port the Linux bits to FreeBSD, unless someone else has
already beat me to it...has anyone?  I added the PCI device ID and most
of the firmware bits, but there's lots of stuff left to do...right now
what I have panics in the init code.

Thanks,
Anthony

Re: Ralink RT3290 wifi+bluetooth support?

Adrian Chadd-4
WHich driver family is it?

-a

On 19 February 2016 at 15:55, Anthony Jenkins via freebsd-wireless
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> The Ralink RT3290 PCIe card is supported in Linux but not in FreeBSD.  I'm
> trying to port the Linux bits to FreeBSD, unless someone else has already
> beat me to it...has anyone?  I added the PCI device ID and most of the
> firmware bits, but there's lots of stuff left to do...right now what I have
> panics in the init code.
>
> Thanks,
> Anthony

Re: Ralink RT3290 wifi+bluetooth support?

freebsd-wireless mailing list
Oh sorry... I'm adding it to ral(4).

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

  On Fri, Feb 19, 2016 at 20:51, Adrian Chadd<[hidden email]> wrote:   WHich driver family is it?

<[hidden email]> wrote:

> The Ralink RT3290 PCIe card is supported in Linux but not in FreeBSD.  I'm
> trying to port the Linux bits to FreeBSD, unless someone else has already
> beat me to it...has anyone?  I added the PCI device ID and most of the
> firmware bits, but there's lots of stuff left to do...right now what I have
> panics in the init code.
>
> Thanks,
> Anthony

Re: Ralink RT3290 wifi+bluetooth support?

Adrian Chadd-4
Ah! cool. I've looked at ral, but it looks like each chipset is its
own entire driver, which is a lot of duplicate code :(

I'm tempted to turn it into a driver like ath(4) is with a HAL layer
and everything, before I add support for later chipsets in that
family.

What's the linux support look like for that particular chipset?

-a