Re: Armeb removal before 12

Mori Hiroki
Hi

----- Original Message -----

>From: Warner Losh <[hidden email]>
>To: Mori Hiroki <[hidden email]>
>Cc: "[hidden email]" <[hidden email]>; "[hidden email]" <[hidden email]>
>Date: 2018/6/14, Thu 07:57
>Subject: Re: Armeb removal before 12
>

>On Wed, Jun 13, 2018 at 4:25 PM, Mori Hiroki <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>Hi.

Of course CURRENT.

https://gist.github.com/yamori813/88224f1c96c9c592fb611b12a15e4ab5

I use custom rc.d by ZRouter build system.

Thanks

Hiroki Mori

>I have FWIXP422BB target(Planex BRC-14VG) with 32M of RAM. I never build
>>FreeBSD for this target.
>>
>>I want build for FWIXP422BB but clang cross build is very slow. It take
>>7 hour on my machine.
>

>I'm sorry to hear that. Even on my fast machines, it takes long time.
>

>Warner
>

>>> The hardware was last made almost a decade ago.
>>>
>>> It uses non-standard non-mainstream boot loaders (boot technology has moved
>>> on from redboot).
>>>
>>> The cost of doing API sweeps, make universe runs, etc exceeds the benefit
>>> to the project.
>>>
>>> So, given all these factors, it sounds like a good candidate for retirement.
>>>
>>> Therefore, I'd like to remove it on July 15th.
>>>
>>> Comments? (please keep  them on topic to this specific thing: there's other
>>> things that may also be past their freshness date, we'll discuss those in a
>>> separate thread).
>>>
>>> Warner

Re: Armeb removal before 12

Gary Jennejohn-6
On Wed, 13 Jun 2018 16:57:02 -0600
Warner Losh <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Wed, Jun 13, 2018 at 4:25 PM, Mori Hiroki <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Hi.

As someone wrote in an earlier mail to one of the lists, it's
amazing how bloated UNIX has become in the last few decades.

In 1986 I was developing on a 68010-based SYS V machine for Morrow
Designs which had a whopping 1MB of RAM.  This was considered to
be a very well endowed machine!

It was packed with all kinds of controller boards and I was doing
custom drivers for Morrow Designs.

It even had one of the very first Syquest removable-disk drives in
it, I think it was the 5MB model with MFM encoding.

Unfortunately, 1986 was also the year in which Morrow Designs
went tits up.  I then owned the only UNIX-based machine which
Morrow Designs had ever produced.  Eventually I donated it to
the VCF.

--
Gary Jennejohn