Re: GENERIC make buildkernel error / fails - posix_fadvise

Re: GENERIC make buildkernel error / fails - posix_fadvise

Rob Clark-4
On Sat, 14 Jan 2012 23:37:50 -0800
Jeremy Chadwick <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Sun, Jan 15, 2012 at 02:24:41AM -0500, Rob Clark wrote:
> > On Thu, 12 Jan 2012 08:15:50 -0500
> > John Baldwin <[hidden email]> wrote:

> > > This sounds like you have an incomplete tree that only got part of a change
> > > (specifically, /usr/src/sys/sys/sysproto.h seems stale).  Have you tried a
> > > different cvsup mirror?
> > >
> > > --
> > > John Baldwin
> >
> > Sorry for the late follow-up, just got the system
> > up and running yesterday.  It appears that choosing a
> > different mirror did the trick.
>
> Can you please disclose what cvsup mirror you were using?  This kind of
> problem may be affecting other people, so you may want to report it to
> [hidden email] to make the maintainer of the mirror aware.
>
> Otherwise, ""corruption"" (for lack of better term) between what's in
> /var/db/sup and what's on your filesystem is something I've seen before,
> particularly when changing release tags in a supfile.
>

> | Jeremy Chadwick                                 [hidden email] |

Absolutely, the mirror initially used when I
received the error (see above) during "buildkernel"
was: cvsup17.FreeBSD.org

Using cvsup11.FreeBSD.org I had no issues.  Of course,
I am not saying that cvsup17 was at fault here, just
that buildkernel worked following a csup with cvsup11
(in my case anyway).

--
Rob Clark <[hidden email]>

cc: [hidden email]