Re: ports/74760: java/javavmwrapper messes up amavisd-new

Re: ports/74760: java/javavmwrapper messes up amavisd-new

Sam Lawrance-2
Synopsis: java/javavmwrapper messes up amavisd-new

State-Changed-From-To: open->closed
State-Changed-By: lawrance
State-Changed-When: Sat Dec 17 13:23:05 UTC 2005
State-Changed-Why:
I can't reproduce this on an updated 6.x system.  I suspect
something local to your system is causing this problem.
I do not think this problem is specifically related to java.

The error message given is actually a result of amavisd-new
attempting to run and use the "file" utility.  Somehow, yours
is running java as a result.

Check to make sure that your file(1) utility is in place and
working correctly.  Check for any other executables named
"file" in your $PATH that might be interfering with normal
operation.

Otherwise, I can only suggest hacking up your amavisd file to
try to get a better idea of what is going on.

Closed without action.