Regarding FreeBSD GTK3

Kazuo Kuroi-2
Hi

I am inquiring as an active FreeBSD desktop user whose been stuck on GTK2-based Palemoon (now deleted and obsolete) for over a year now. After conversing with a colleague of mine, I was informed that KissLinux has patches to remove dbus, which I do not want on FreeBSD, from GTK3. Is there any chance that you could consider making dbus an optional dependency for GTK3?

https://github.com/kisslinux/repo/tree/master/extra/

This has their repository information and how they build it.

If this is not possible on the GTK30 port, could you consider a gtk30-minimal?

Some of us do not want linuxisms like dbus installed on FreeBSD. I am separately contacting Firefox's maintainer for assistance.

I am not skilled enough to make these changes myself.

Best regards.

Re: Regarding FreeBSD GTK3

Jan Beich-5
Kazuo Kuroi <[hidden email]> writes:

> Hi
>
> I am inquiring as an active FreeBSD desktop user whose been stuck on
> GTK2-based Palemoon (now deleted and obsolete) for over a year
> now. After conversing with a colleague of mine, I was informed that
> KissLinux has patches to remove dbus, which I do not want on FreeBSD,
> from GTK3. Is there any chance that you could consider making dbus an
> optional dependency for GTK3?

See https://svnweb.freebsd.org/changeset/ports/538187

To disable DBus in x11-toolkits/gtk30 turn off ATK_BRIDGE and COLORD options.
Also disable DBUS in print/cups or turn off CUPS option.

Example make.conf for poudriere:

  OPTIONS_UNSET += DBUS
  x11-toolkits_gtk30_UNSET += ATK_BRIDGE COLORD