Req: Contractor, FreeBSD kernel, update path, contribute to FreeBSD.
Research Engineering Development is looking for a contractor to assist a
company with a migration of their FreeBSD based OS to a more recent FreeBSD
Additionally they would like the contractor to take non core intellectual
property and bring it into FreeBSD if it would be mutually beneficial to the
client and FreeBSD.
Extensive experience in the following areas are required:
- FreeBSD kernel.
- Filesystems (NFS, disk based).
- Bringing code into FreeBSD.
- Scoping out deliverables.
- Previous contract experience.
- Porting code between FreeBSD versions.
We require someone with FreeBSD commit access, or a long time contributor
with means to submit code to the project.
Remote is OK.
This is a full-time (or near full-time) position for several months.
Research Engineering Development will handle:
- contract details.
- assist with scoping
- billing and payment to the contractor.
Contractor will handle:
- FreeBSD integration
We are looking to start in January but may wait until February for a
We have experience with this client before and they have delivered large
amounts of code via contractor into FreeBSD based on this prior arraignment.
Please respond with:
- Cover letter with short description of who you are and contributions to
- Rate in USD.