Request for information: quad- and/or octal-socket *bridge and/or *well systems

Request for information: quad- and/or octal-socket *bridge and/or *well systems

Ravi Pokala-2
Hi folks,

If you have access to a quad- or octal-socket (Ivy|Sandy)bridge or (Has|Broad)well system, could you run these commands and send me the output:

    pciconf -l | egrep ':(19|20|21|22|23|24):'
    egrep '^CPU| memory|FreeBSD/SMP' /var/run/dmesg.boot

I'm working on a driver for a component of the integrated Memory Controller, which is built into those CPUs, and I want to make sure I understand the way things are enumerated on multi-socket systems.

I'd even be satisfied with the Linux equivalents; the first gets the list of PCI devices whose device number is [19-24], along with their device-id info; the second gets the CPU name, system memory, and socket / core / thread breakdown.

Thanks,

Ravi (rpokala@)