The CEO of Boulevards.com asked me to pass this along.
If you are familiar with SF Bay Area media, this is the same company
that produces the Metro Newspaper. Although the posting states strong
knowledge of Linux, they've told me that they are mostly a FreeBSD shop.
I don't really have more information on the opportunity. Please respond
to the address indicated below.
CTO, iXsystems - "Servers for Open Source" http://www.iXsystems.com
Public Relations, The FreeBSD Project http://www.FreeBSD.org
Phone: (408)943-4100 ext. 113 Fax: (408)943-4101
Systems Administrator (Web Operations Manager)
Boulevards, a well established, 11-year-old, privately-held company,
seeks a web operations manager to maintain and optimize an array of
Internet services in the local content and travel markets.
* Build, scale and administer Web servers, database servers, mail
servers, file servers, backup systems, system monitoring, load
balancers and DNS configurations across multiple service and hosting
* Support PHP, Java, and Perl Web applications and development systems
* Produce documentation for system configuration, deployment and
* Linux/FreeBSD Operating Systems
* MySQL Databases
* Apache Web Server
* 3-5 years Systems Administration experience for commercial Web sites,
with general understanding of three-tier architecture, db, page caching
and other issues that affect scalability and performance
* Strong knowledge of Linux, Apache, MySQL, and PHP configuration
* Familiarity with ad servers, content management systems, mail servers,
data exchange, xml, scrapers and webcams. Knowledge of VoIP telephony and
SMA/CSC text protocols desirable.
* Knowledge of XML integration, data conversion and APIs
* Detail oriented, with good communication and troubleshooting skills
* Experience with MySQL database replication and file system replication
* Enjoys working in a team enviroment
Projects range from third-party application integration for data and
commerce services, web-based mail, business directories,
community-contributed content tools and travel reservation systems. You
will work as part of a small, skilled team and be involved in all phases
of of technical operations, from spec to deployment and maintenance.
We're looking for someone with excellent communication skills who takes
ownership of projects, enjoys brainstorming in planning sessions, is
fluent with the foundations of standards-oriented web development:
environment and have first- hand knowledge of installing/running open
source software packages such as MySQL and Apache.
Founded in 1994, Boulevards operates more than 100 destination
information sites, including SanFrancisco.com, LosAngeles.com,
Seattle.com and others. Its MrMovieTimes.com network provides a fast and
friendly way for people to access movie times and purchase tickets at
easy-to-remember URLs like BostonMovieTimes.com. Boulevards recently
acquired the popular SFStation city guide.
To apply for this position please send your resume in plain text format,
along with a cover letter explaining why you are interested in working
at Boulevards, to [mailto:[hidden email]] [hidden email].
[hidden email] mailing list
To unsubscribe, send any mail to "[hidden email]"
|Free forum by Nabble||Edit this page|