Setting native resolution for FreeBSD 11.1

Setting native resolution for FreeBSD 11.1

Ivan Radovanovic-2
Hi guys,

I have trouble setting native resolution when booting FreeBSD 11.1 (and
I have to do it there because I have to use scfb as X driver since intel
doesn't seem to work).

What I want to execute is
gop set 2

When I put it in loader.rc.local it seems to blink to proper resolution
but it is like beastie somehow changes it back to "gop set 0". If I put
it directly in loader.rc above beastie-start then beastie again turn it
off, if I put it after beastie-start then it works properly when I
choose to go to loader prompt, but not if I choose default boot option
in menu.

It would be really nice if somebody can point me in right direction :-)

Kind regards,
Ivan

Re: Setting native resolution for FreeBSD 11.1

Ivan Radovanovic-2
On 03/02/2018 11:03, Ivan Radovanovic wrote:

> I have trouble setting native resolution when booting FreeBSD 11.1 (and
> I have to do it there because I have to use scfb as X driver since intel
> doesn't seem to work).
>
> What I want to execute is
> gop set 2
>
> When I put it in loader.rc.local it seems to blink to proper resolution
> but it is like beastie somehow changes it back to "gop set 0". If I put
> it directly in loader.rc above beastie-start then beastie again turn it
> off, if I put it after beastie-start then it works properly when I
> choose to go to loader prompt, but not if I choose default boot option
> in menu.

Solution was to put
mode 3
in loader.rc.local (I was trying mode 2, assuming that numbers should be
identical, but they are not)