Stable and Current not booting in BeagleBone Green

Stable and Current not booting in BeagleBone Green

Nicola Mingotti
Hi,

I would like to signal that FreeBSD-11.1 and CURRENT-8-march-2018
do not boot into BeagleBone Green. The problem seems related
to the DTB.

I attach two screenshot in case you get some extra info from that.

Bye
Nicola

Re: Stable and Current not booting in BeagleBone Green

Warner Losh
The screen shots don't seem to have made it to the mailing list.

Warner

On Tue, Mar 13, 2018 at 4:20 AM, Nicola Mingotti <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I would like to signal that FreeBSD-11.1 and CURRENT-8-march-2018
> do not boot into BeagleBone Green. The problem seems related
> to the DTB.
>
> I attach two screenshot in case you get some extra info from that.
>
> Bye
> Nicola

Re: Stable and Current not booting in BeagleBone Green

Nicola Mingotti

Ok, here are the links:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1webPwU9IHDlT0yT2KTQXOAy3vt3sbZYd

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1l_HxBbHeZI--_xK6NXcUAeNT6bd3zgIH

Bye
n.

On 03/13/18 14:35, Warner Losh wrote:

> The screen shots don't seem to have made it to the mailing list.
>
> Warner
>
> On Tue, Mar 13, 2018 at 4:20 AM, Nicola Mingotti <[hidden email]
> <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>
>     Hi,
>
>     I would like to signal that FreeBSD-11.1 and CURRENT-8-march-2018
>     do not boot into BeagleBone Green. The problem seems related
>     to the DTB.
>
>     I attach two screenshot in case you get some extra info from that.
>
>     Bye
>     Nicola
>

>     --
>     "[hidden email]
>     <mailto:[hidden email]>"

Re: Stable and Current not booting in BeagleBone Green

Emmanuel Vadot-7

 Hi Nicola,

On Tue, 13 Mar 2018 14:46:02 +0100
Nicola Mingotti <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Ok, here are the links:
>
> https://drive.google.com/open?id=1webPwU9IHDlT0yT2KTQXOAy3vt3sbZYd
>
> https://drive.google.com/open?id=1l_HxBbHeZI--_xK6NXcUAeNT6bd3zgIH

 It's not clear to me which one is current and which one is stable.

 On the first one it's just that you don't have the dtb in the ufs
partition so my guess it's stable as it is not installed in 11.

 For the second a hang at this point could be cache related, what
u-boot are you using ?

 Cheers,

> Bye
> n.
>

> On 03/13/18 14:35, Warner Losh wrote:
> > The screen shots don't seem to have made it to the mailing list.
> >
> > Warner
> >
> > On Tue, Mar 13, 2018 at 4:20 AM, Nicola Mingotti <[hidden email]
> > <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
> >
> >     Hi,
> >
> >     I would like to signal that FreeBSD-11.1 and CURRENT-8-march-2018
> >     do not boot into BeagleBone Green. The problem seems related
> >     to the DTB.
> >
> >     I attach two screenshot in case you get some extra info from that.
> >
> >     Bye
> >     Nicola
> >

> >     --
> >     "[hidden email]
> >     <mailto:[hidden email]>"

Emmanuel Vadot <[hidden email]> <[hidden email]>

Re: Stable and Current not booting in BeagleBone Green

Nicola Mingotti

Hi Emmanuel,

First of all thak you for answering !

you should be able to see the filenames on the top left corner
when you open each link in a browser. From the filename then
it is easy to understand who is who.

Anyway, I just opened the first link and i can see that it is
"freebsd-11.1".

I don't have enough time/field-knowledge to try to fix this myself,
what I can do is test from time to time and see if images are "workable".

If you are able to work on this I suggest you focus on now images,
since new images of FreeBSD current boot on BBGreen but then it
is impossible to reboot. (i sent another message about this about a week
ago).

But the true-true priority in my opinion would be to fix FreeBSD-11.1 to
work
on BB-Green, indeed, BB-Black is silently going out of market (see e.g.
Amazon) ! So, we don't
have a stable relase working on a currently viable BeagleBone, this is a
problem.

There is also a BB-Black-with-wifi, wich is replacing BB-Black rev-C,
unfortunately
I don't own that hardware so can't say if FreeBSD-11.1 is working there.

Bye
Nicola