Internet Systems Consortium (ISC) is a 501(C)3 Non-Profit that develops commercial quality opensource software for the Internet Community and operates F-Root, one of the 13 DNS Root Server instances. ISC has a proud history in the development of the Internet, with many of the DNS and DHCP related standards in use today written by current or past employees and well over a decade of providing Root DNS services to the global Internet community.
ISC is looking for a self-driven, hands-on Systems Administrator with an interest to learn and aptitude in Unix Systems Administration. This role will augment ISC’s strong existing Operations staff, initially focusing on the normalizing of ISC’s many deployed systems, but more generally helping with many day-to-day Operational tasks. This is a hands-on learning position helping improve core infrastructure in support of ISC’s Public-Benefit Mission.
Duties will include:
• Day-to-day systems administration tasks for a large global installation of Unix systems
• Hands-on system deployment in our Bay Area Data Centers.
• Developing and maintaining documentation and reports
• Participation in an on-call rotation for both ISC’s customer support department as well as ISC’s on-call 24 Hour NOC. This includes occasionally responding to after-hours emergencies on-site
Factors and Traits Required for Candidates:
• FreeBSD and/or Linux experience
• Experience taking ownership of issues to completion.
• Ability to read and understand, as well as update where necessary, technical documentation and provide feedback.
• The ability to collaborate with diverse and distributed teams
Additional Weight to Candidates With:
• Unix system administration skills, especially FreeBSD and Linux
• Experience with basic Network Administration (Routers/Switches)
• Familiarity with firewalls and common security best practices
• Familiarity with virtualization, VMWare a plus
• Experience with IPv6, DNS, DHCP, or DNSSEC
• Programming experience with Perl, C, C++, or Python
• Network Management background
• Experience working independently within a ticketing or work-processing system
This position requires open-minded, motivated, hands-on individuals who thrive in an environment comprised of strong engineering and multidisciplinary teams having both software development and systems administration backgrounds. Candidates must possess a desire to pioneer solutions and automation over existing and new services that empower the core of the Internet.
ISC is based in Redwood City, California, with much of the engineering staff distributed around the globe. This role, however, is local to our offices in Redwood City, CA and requires the candidate to work hands-on with a team in that area during regular (flexible) business hours. Candidates should be willing to travel occasionally, potentially to various industry conferences, as needed.
This is a full time contract position with an initial contract length of 6 months. Contract extension or conversion to full-time status is possible but not guaranteed.
Express your interest by sending your resume to [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>
signature.asc (506 bytes) Download Attachment
|Free forum by Nabble||Edit this page|