Trouble running sudo or (less ) after After making serial settings

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Trouble running sudo or (less ) after After making serial settings

ali reza zareian
 hello
After making serial settings and boot using serial via putty, it is not
possible to run sudo command.when i run this command without any parameters
it should be print help but it is waiting for a key of the keyboard.
if i send ctrl+c then output strings are printed.

Code:

settings :
boot.config =>-S115200 -D
----------------------------------------------
/etc/ttys =>ttyu0   "/usr/libexec/getty std.115200" vt100   onifconsole secure
----------------------------------------------
echo $TERM => vt100
----------------------------------------------
kern.vty=vt
----------------------------------------------
ssty -a =>
speed 115200 baud; 0 rows; 0 columns;
lflags: icanon isig iexten echo echoe -echok echoke -echonl echoctl
        -echoprt -altwerase -noflsh -tostop -flusho -pendin -nokerninfo
        -extproc
iflags: -istrip icrnl -inlcr -igncr ixon -ixoff ixany imaxbel -ignbrk
        brkint -inpck -ignpar -parmrk
oflags: opost onlcr -ocrnl tab3 -onocr -onlret
cflags: cread cs8 -parenb -parodd hupcl -clocal -cstopb -crtscts -dsrflow
        -dtrflow -mdmbuf
cchars: discard = ^O; dsusp = ^Y; eof = ^D; eol = <undef>;
        eol2 = <undef>; erase = ^?; erase2 = ^H; intr = ^C; kill = ^U;
        lnext = ^V; min = 1; quit = ^\; reprint = ^R; start = ^Q;
        status = ^T; stop = ^S; susp = ^Z; time = 0; werase = ^W;
---------------------------------------------------
_______________________________________________
[hidden email] mailing list
https://lists.freebsd.org/mailman/listinfo/freebsd-hackers
To unsubscribe, send any mail to "[hidden email]"
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Trouble running sudo or (less ) after After making serial settings

Eugene Grosbein-10
31.01.2018 19:21, ali reza zareian пишет:
>  hello
> After making serial settings and boot using serial via putty, it is not
> possible to run sudo command.when i run this command without any parameters
> it should be print help but it is waiting for a key of the keyboard.
> if i send ctrl+c then output strings are printed.

You may be having flow control problem with /dev/console
mentioned in default /etc/syslog.conf as target to auth.notice messages
generated by sudo. Try to comment that line out and do "killall -1 syslogd".

_______________________________________________
[hidden email] mailing list
https://lists.freebsd.org/mailman/listinfo/freebsd-hackers
To unsubscribe, send any mail to "[hidden email]"
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Trouble running sudo or (less ) after After making serial settings

Ian Lepore-3
In reply to this post by ali reza zareian
On Wed, 2018-01-31 at 15:51 +0330, ali reza zareian wrote:

>  hello
> After making serial settings and boot using serial via putty, it is
> not
> possible to run sudo command.when i run this command without any
> parameters
> it should be print help but it is waiting for a key of the keyboard.
> if i send ctrl+c then output strings are printed.
>
> Code:
>
> settings :
> boot.config =>-S115200 -D
> ----------------------------------------------
> /etc/ttys =>ttyu0   "/usr/libexec/getty std.115200"
> vt100   onifconsole secure

Try changing std.115200 to 3wire.115200 to disable flow-control.  I
have no idea whether that's the problem, but it's a quick easy thing to
try.

-- Ian

> ----------------------------------------------
> echo $TERM => vt100
> ----------------------------------------------
> kern.vty=vt
> ----------------------------------------------
> ssty -a =>
> speed 115200 baud; 0 rows; 0 columns;
> lflags: icanon isig iexten echo echoe -echok echoke -echonl echoctl
>         -echoprt -altwerase -noflsh -tostop -flusho -pendin
> -nokerninfo
>         -extproc
> iflags: -istrip icrnl -inlcr -igncr ixon -ixoff ixany imaxbel -ignbrk
>         brkint -inpck -ignpar -parmrk
> oflags: opost onlcr -ocrnl tab3 -onocr -onlret
> cflags: cread cs8 -parenb -parodd hupcl -clocal -cstopb -crtscts
> -dsrflow
>         -dtrflow -mdmbuf
> cchars: discard = ^O; dsusp = ^Y; eof = ^D; eol = <undef>;
>         eol2 = <undef>; erase = ^?; erase2 = ^H; intr = ^C; kill =
> ^U;
>         lnext = ^V; min = 1; quit = ^\; reprint = ^R; start = ^Q;
>         status = ^T; stop = ^S; susp = ^Z; time = 0; werase = ^W;
> ---------------------------------------------------
> _______________________________________________
> [hidden email] mailing list
> https://lists.freebsd.org/mailman/listinfo/freebsd-hackers
> To unsubscribe, send any mail to "freebsd-hackers-unsubscribe@freebsd
> .org"
_______________________________________________
[hidden email] mailing list
https://lists.freebsd.org/mailman/listinfo/freebsd-hackers
To unsubscribe, send any mail to "[hidden email]"
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Trouble running sudo or (less ) after After making serial settings

Ian Lepore-3
On Wed, 2018-01-31 at 09:03 -0700, Ian Lepore wrote:

> On Wed, 2018-01-31 at 15:51 +0330, ali reza zareian wrote:
> >
> >  hello
> > After making serial settings and boot using serial via putty, it is
> > not
> > possible to run sudo command.when i run this command without any
> > parameters
> > it should be print help but it is waiting for a key of the
> > keyboard.
> > if i send ctrl+c then output strings are printed.
> >
> > Code:
> >
> > settings :
> > boot.config =>-S115200 -D
> > ----------------------------------------------
> > /etc/ttys =>ttyu0   "/usr/libexec/getty std.115200"
> > vt100   onifconsole secure
> Try changing std.115200 to 3wire.115200 to disable flow-control.  I
> have no idea whether that's the problem, but it's a quick easy thing
> to
> try.
>
> -- Ian

Hrm, on second thought... you mention the trouble is with running sudo
and less... both things that want to do some terminal-control (blank
password, scrolling, etc).  Make sure putty is configured to emulate a
vt100 properly.  Maybe try some other kind of terminal emulation.

-- Ian
_______________________________________________
[hidden email] mailing list
https://lists.freebsd.org/mailman/listinfo/freebsd-hackers
To unsubscribe, send any mail to "[hidden email]"