Unable to update ports using svnlite

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
9 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Unable to update ports using svnlite

Clinton Bessesen
Hi All,
Wonder if you can help.
Running freebsd 10.2 and have been able to checkout the ports/head using
svnlite for quite sometime in the past. However, over the past few days
this has proved to be impossible. I can browse the svn using a
webbrowser, but unable to run "/usr/bin/svnlite checkout --depth empty
svn://svn.freebsd.org/ports/head /tmp/ports/tree", it simply hangs and
eventually I get an error message "E000060 Unable to connect to
respository at URL 'svn://svn.freebsd.org/ports/head'". Any help or
information would be most appreciated.

Cheers
Clinton
_______________________________________________
[hidden email] mailing list
https://lists.freebsd.org/mailman/listinfo/freebsd-ports
To unsubscribe, send any mail to "[hidden email]"
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Unable to update ports using svnlite

Alphons van Werven
Clinton Bessesen wrote:

> Running freebsd 10.2 and have been able to checkout the ports/head using
> svnlite for quite sometime in the past.
[snip]
> unable to run "/usr/bin/svnlite checkout --depth empty
> svn://svn.freebsd.org/ports/head /tmp/ports/tree"

I don't know how others handle this, but the following works for me:

# mkdir /root/bin
# ln -s `which svnlite` /root/bin/svn
# svn checkout https://svn0.eu.freebsd.org/ports/head /usr/ports

Note that I'm in Europe, there should be a list of geographically suitable
mirrors somewhere. And svn.freebsd.org itself works, too.

HTH,

Fonz

--
A.J. "Fonz" van Werven
mailsig: Ob technicas difficultates, lux in fine cuniculum non operatur.

signature.asc (836 bytes) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Unable to update ports using svnlite

Clinton Bessesen
Hi Fonz,
Thanks for your advise. Yup, I'm myself in Europe, after trying many
different things, it seems to have been a DNS issue. Used your
suggestion "svn0.eu.freebsd.org" and all back to normal.
Might have to get our DNS server cache refreshed!!!
Many thanks for your help!
Cheers
Clinton

On 24/02/2016 17:10, Alphons van Werven wrote:

> Clinton Bessesen wrote:
>
>> Running freebsd 10.2 and have been able to checkout the ports/head using
>> svnlite for quite sometime in the past.
> [snip]
>> unable to run "/usr/bin/svnlite checkout --depth empty
>> svn://svn.freebsd.org/ports/head /tmp/ports/tree"
> I don't know how others handle this, but the following works for me:
>
> # mkdir /root/bin
> # ln -s `which svnlite` /root/bin/svn
> # svn checkout https://svn0.eu.freebsd.org/ports/head /usr/ports
>
> Note that I'm in Europe, there should be a list of geographically suitable
> mirrors somewhere. And svn.freebsd.org itself works, too.
>
> HTH,
>
> Fonz
>

_______________________________________________
[hidden email] mailing list
https://lists.freebsd.org/mailman/listinfo/freebsd-ports
To unsubscribe, send any mail to "[hidden email]"
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Unable to update ports using svnlite

Alphons van Werven
Clinton Bessesen wrote:

> after trying many different things, it seems to have been a DNS issue.

Glad I could help.

Note that I symlinked svnlite to svn because otherwise
#  make -C /usr/ports update
doesn't work: "svn" is hardwired into one of the Makefiles somewhere. If
you use svn directly (e.g.
#  cd /usr/ports && svnlite update
or something, you might not need the symlink.

Fonz

--
A.J. "Fonz" van Werven
mailsig: Ob technicas difficultates, lux in fine cuniculum non operatur.

signature.asc (836 bytes) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Unable to update ports using svnlite

Hajimu UMEMOTO
Hi,

>>>>> On Wed, 24 Feb 2016 18:43:47 +0100
>>>>> Alphons van Werven <[hidden email]> said:

freebsd> Note that I symlinked svnlite to svn because otherwise
freebsd> #  make -C /usr/ports update
freebsd> doesn't work: "svn" is hardwired into one of the Makefiles somewhere. If
freebsd> you use svn directly (e.g.
freebsd> #  cd /usr/ports && svnlite update
freebsd> or something, you might not need the symlink.

You may want to put `SVN=svnlite' into your /etc/make.conf.

Sincerely,

--
Hajimu UMEMOTO
[hidden email]  [hidden email]
http://www.mahoroba.org/~ume/
_______________________________________________
[hidden email] mailing list
https://lists.freebsd.org/mailman/listinfo/freebsd-ports
To unsubscribe, send any mail to "[hidden email]"
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Unable to update ports using svnlite

Torsten Zuehlsdorff
In reply to this post by Alphons van Werven
Hello,

On 24.02.2016 18:43, Alphons van Werven wrote:

> Clinton Bessesen wrote:
>
>> after trying many different things, it seems to have been a DNS issue.
>
> Glad I could help.
>
> Note that I symlinked svnlite to svn because otherwise
> #  make -C /usr/ports update
> doesn't work: "svn" is hardwired into one of the Makefiles somewhere. If
> you use svn directly (e.g.
> #  cd /usr/ports && svnlite update
> or something, you might not need the symlink.

Huh - thats annoying!

Not only that i did not know this method ;)

The error is in /usr/ports/Makefile line 167. This could be easily
fixed. I'm currently offline but will send a fix when back.

Greetings,
Torsten
_______________________________________________
[hidden email] mailing list
https://lists.freebsd.org/mailman/listinfo/freebsd-ports
To unsubscribe, send any mail to "[hidden email]"
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Unable to update ports using svnlite

Clinton Bessesen
Thanks Torsten,
That would be great!
Cheers
Clinton

On 25/02/2016 08:00, Torsten Z├╝hlsdorff wrote:

> Hello,
>
> On 24.02.2016 18:43, Alphons van Werven wrote:
>> Clinton Bessesen wrote:
>>
>>> after trying many different things, it seems to have been a DNS issue.
>>
>> Glad I could help.
>>
>> Note that I symlinked svnlite to svn because otherwise
>> #  make -C /usr/ports update
>> doesn't work: "svn" is hardwired into one of the Makefiles somewhere. If
>> you use svn directly (e.g.
>> #  cd /usr/ports && svnlite update
>> or something, you might not need the symlink.
>
> Huh - thats annoying!
>
> Not only that i did not know this method ;)
>
> The error is in /usr/ports/Makefile line 167. This could be easily
> fixed. I'm currently offline but will send a fix when back.
>
> Greetings,
> Torsten
>

_______________________________________________
[hidden email] mailing list
https://lists.freebsd.org/mailman/listinfo/freebsd-ports
To unsubscribe, send any mail to "[hidden email]"
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Unable to update ports using svnlite

Torsten Zuehlsdorff
On 25.02.2016 10:46, Clinton Bessesen wrote:
> Thanks Torsten,
> That would be great!

Here we go:
https://bugs.freebsd.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=207479

Greetings,
Torsten

_______________________________________________
[hidden email] mailing list
https://lists.freebsd.org/mailman/listinfo/freebsd-ports
To unsubscribe, send any mail to "[hidden email]"
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Unable to update ports using svnlite

Clinton Bessesen
Perfect, that keeps it nice and simple!
Clinton

On 25/02/2016 10:44, Torsten Zuehlsdorff wrote:

> On 25.02.2016 10:46, Clinton Bessesen wrote:
>> Thanks Torsten,
>> That would be great!
>
> Here we go:
> https://bugs.freebsd.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=207479
>
> Greetings,
> Torsten
>
>

_______________________________________________
[hidden email] mailing list
https://lists.freebsd.org/mailman/listinfo/freebsd-ports
To unsubscribe, send any mail to "[hidden email]"