Uname -a no longer reports revision number on RPI2

Uname -a no longer reports revision number on RPI2

bob prohaska
I just noticed that uname no longer seems to report revision numbers on
an RPI2 running 12 current.

root@www:/usr/ports/www/firefox # uname -a
FreeBSD www.zefox.com 12.0-CURRENT FreeBSD 12.0-CURRENT #22: Tue Mar 28 01:55:52 PDT 2017     [hidden email]:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/RPI2  arm

Is there a way to recover the old behavior? The man pages seem unchanged.

Thanks for reading,

bob prohaska

Re: Uname -a no longer reports revision number on RPI2

Bernd Walter-4
On Tue, Mar 28, 2017 at 05:30:55PM -0700, bob prohaska wrote:
> I just noticed that uname no longer seems to report revision numbers on
> an RPI2 running 12 current.
>

> root@www:/usr/ports/www/firefox # uname -a
> FreeBSD www.zefox.com 12.0-CURRENT FreeBSD 12.0-CURRENT #22: Tue Mar 28 01:55:52 PDT 2017     [hidden email]:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/RPI2  arm
>

> Is there a way to recover the old behavior? The man pages seem unchanged.

The revision number uses svnversion on a subversion worktree.
If you've got your source in any other way this can't work.

--
B.Walter <[hidden email]> http://www.bwct.de

On Wed, Mar 29, 2017 at 02:35:20AM +0200, Bernd Walter wrote:

> The revision number uses svnversion on a subversion worktree.
> If you've got your source in any other way this can't work.
>
> --

Ok, that makes sense, I started using svnup when svnlite stopped
working:

root@www:/usr # svnlite checkout https://svn.FreeBSD.org/base/head /usr/src
svn: E175003: Attempt to fetch capability 'depth' resulted in 'yes'
root@www:/usr #

The error is identical, whether checkout out a new  tree or just updating
an existing one.

I think the problem is a damaged config file, but I haven't found it.

Thanks for reading, and any guidance!

bob prohaska