Undefined symbol "lzc_remap"

pete wright
Hello,
I have a system running current that is acting a little odd after a
rebuild from last night (sept 13th).  After reboot my root zfs pool
mountd fine, but my second datavol "tank0" didn't auto-import/mount.  A
manual "zpool import" then "zfs mount -a" got everything back where it
should be, but I am noticing some odd behavior with iocage:

ImportError: /lib/libzfs.so.3: Undefined symbol "lzc_remap"

Interestingly enough this is the second update i've done to this system
since the import of openzfs code, and iocage was operating without
issues previously.  i am wondering does iocage need to be rebuild
against newer sources or did something else change recently?

-pete

--
Pete Wright
[hidden email]

Re: Undefined symbol "lzc_remap"

Kyle Evans-3
On Mon, Sep 14, 2020 at 2:56 PM Pete Wright <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
> I have a system running current that is acting a little odd after a
> rebuild from last night (sept 13th).  After reboot my root zfs pool
> mountd fine, but my second datavol "tank0" didn't auto-import/mount.  A
> manual "zpool import" then "zfs mount -a" got everything back where it
> should be, but I am noticing some odd behavior with iocage:
>
> ImportError: /lib/libzfs.so.3: Undefined symbol "lzc_remap"
>
> Interestingly enough this is the second update i've done to this system
> since the import of openzfs code, and iocage was operating without
> issues previously.  i am wondering does iocage need to be rebuild
> against newer sources or did something else change recently?

Hi,

You'll need a ports tree >= r548105 and rebuild devel/py-libzfs from
that -- that should be sufficient.

Thanks,

Kyle Evans

On 9/14/20 1:00 PM, Kyle Evans wrote:

> On Mon, Sep 14, 2020 at 2:56 PM Pete Wright <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hello,
>> I have a system running current that is acting a little odd after a
>> rebuild from last night (sept 13th).  After reboot my root zfs pool
>> mountd fine, but my second datavol "tank0" didn't auto-import/mount.  A
>> manual "zpool import" then "zfs mount -a" got everything back where it
>> should be, but I am noticing some odd behavior with iocage:
>>
>> ImportError: /lib/libzfs.so.3: Undefined symbol "lzc_remap"
>>
>> Interestingly enough this is the second update i've done to this system
>> since the import of openzfs code, and iocage was operating without
>> issues previously.  i am wondering does iocage need to be rebuild
>> against newer sources or did something else change recently?
>>
> Hi,
>
> You'll need a ports tree >= r548105 and rebuild devel/py-libzfs from
> that -- that should be sufficient.
Thanks Kyle - you saved me quite a bit of debugging, i'll give that a
spin now :)

-pete

--
Pete Wright