Quantcast

We're growing and need DevOps in Palo Alto!

We're growing and need DevOps in Palo Alto!

Sarah L'Heureux
DevOps Position in Palo Alto, California

We have a growing SaaS commerce service, comprised of our own FreeBSD cloud
at Softlayer, replicated data in Google Cloud, and managed FreeBSD nodes at
customer locations.

Our service runs a merchant's entire in-store operations.  It's essentially
a communications layer that enables more transactions, provides better
in-store data, and enables in-store and mobile customers to be recognized
and rewarded. Our platform is proven, reliable, and delivers huge value.

We're scaling up and want to add a DevOps team member focused on helping us
grow infrastructure smoothly.

Ideal candidate will have:

- Strong experience in FreeBSD/UNIX/Linux administration

- Ability to work with minimal guidance as an individual, with excellent
communication skills

-  Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills, including application
and network-level troubleshooting ability

- Strong scripting skills and a solid understanding of TCP/IP

- Ability to use a variety of open source technologies (Nagios, Elastic)
and cloud services (Google Cloud)

- Experience with automation / configuration management tools such as
Saltstack, (Ansible, Puppet, Chef) to help us scale to thousands of nodes.

- Familiarity with large production environment including; multiple
read/write database instances, replication, fail-over, scalability,
partitioning, performance, and upgrades.

- Work with development teams to harden, enhance, document, and generally
improve the operability of our systems

- Participate in a 24x7 on-call pager rotation

If you're interested in the position please contact me - sarah at
touchpoint.io