What's the status of all the work on loader? Confused by several projects

What's the status of all the work on loader? Confused by several projects

Peter G.
Good day,

what is the current "chief" project focused on improving UEFI support,
including ZFS and GELI? Recently Waren Losh unveiled his plans on loader
changes.

Projects I've been following:
https://reviews.freebsd.org/D12692
https://reviews.freebsd.org/D12698
https://reviews.freebsd.org/D12732
https://reviews.freebsd.org/D13497

and more recently:
https://reviews.freebsd.org/D15743

and now Waren's recent:
https://reviews.freebsd.org/D15917

How do these overlap? Or put differently, when can we expect UEFI
support with ZFS boot and GELI full disk encryption? ELI5!

Many thanks!

Peter

Re: What's the status of all the work on loader? Confused by several projects

Peter G.
On 26/06/2018 14:39, Peter G. wrote:

> what is the current "chief" project focused on improving UEFI support,
> including ZFS and GELI? Recently Waren Losh unveiled his plans on loader
> changes.

Correction: Warner Losh

Please excuse the mistake