Why the message is set to "TKIP countermeasures started" ?

Why the message is set to "TKIP countermeasures started" ?

Yuri-10
I use wpa_gui, and sometimes it fails to connect with the "Last message"
field alternating between "Associating ..." and "TKIP countermeasures
started".

What does the latter message mean, and why does it prevent connectivity?

if_run driver is in use.

Yuri

Re: Why the message is set to "TKIP countermeasures started" ?

Adrian Chadd-4
It means there's a replay / out of order thing going on with the received
frames that are TKIP encrypted.

-adrian