Work in progress: AMD GPUs KMS support

Jean-Sébastien Pédron
Hello,

I'd like to announce that work has started on AMD GPUs
kernel-modesetting support. Thanks to the help of Konstantin Belousov
who provided a port of TTM, and Alexander Kabaev who made a first
buildable port of Linux 3.4's radeon driver, the project reached a state
where a device can attach.

A wiki page is available, where you'll find status updates, as well as
links to the code.
  https://wiki.freebsd.org/AMD_GPU

Note however that, currently, there's nothing to play with: the project
is at a very early stage!

--
Jean-Sébastien Pédron

Re: Work in progress: AMD GPUs KMS support

Olivier Smedts
2013/2/20 Jean-Sébastien Pédron <[hidden email]>:

> Hello,
>
> I'd like to announce that work has started on AMD GPUs
> kernel-modesetting support. Thanks to the help of Konstantin Belousov
> who provided a port of TTM, and Alexander Kabaev who made a first
> buildable port of Linux 3.4's radeon driver, the project reached a state
> where a device can attach.
>
> A wiki page is available, where you'll find status updates, as well as
> links to the code.
>   https://wiki.freebsd.org/AMD_GPU

Very good to hear !

--
Olivier Smedts                                                 _
                                        ASCII ribbon campaign ( )

  "Il y a seulement 10 sortes de gens dans le monde :
  ceux qui comprennent le binaire,
  et ceux qui ne le comprennent pas."

Re: Work in progress: AMD GPUs KMS support

Warren Block
On Wed, 20 Feb 2013, Jean-Sébastien Pédron wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'd like to announce that work has started on AMD GPUs
> kernel-modesetting support. Thanks to the help of Konstantin Belousov
> who provided a port of TTM, and Alexander Kabaev who made a first
> buildable port of Linux 3.4's radeon driver, the project reached a state
> where a device can attach.
>
> A wiki page is available, where you'll find status updates, as well as
> links to the code.
>  https://wiki.freebsd.org/AMD_GPU
>
> Note however that, currently, there's nothing to play with: the project
> is at a very early stage!
Thank you for working on this!  If additional resources are needed,
please post them.  There are a lot of people who would like to see this
happen and may be able to help.

Re: Work in progress: AMD GPUs KMS support

Jean-Sébastien Pédron-4
On 20.02.2013 16:31, Warren Block wrote:
> Thank you for working on this!  If additional resources are needed,
> please post them.  There are a lot of people who would like to see this
> happen and may be able to help.

Many people offered their help, and I'm very grateful!

Currently, this is hard to work in parallel, because that's one blocking
issue after another. But as soon as there's something to test, I'll send
a mail to the people who contacted me privately and to this list.

Again, thank you very much!

--
Jean-Sébastien Pédron