ZFS whole_disk=0

Paul Schenkeveld-14
Hi,

I noticed (on 8.0-RC2 amd64) that zdb always reports whole_disk=0
even when using /dev/ad6 as vdev.

How do I tell zpool that my vdev is really a whole disk?

Is there a big performace penalty (or other disadvantage) when
whole_disk == 0?

Regards,

Paul Schenkeveld

Re: ZFS whole_disk=0

Ollivier Robert
According to Paul Schenkeveld:
>Is there a big performace penalty (or other disadvantage) when
>whole_disk == 0?

None that I know of, Solaris disable the write cache if it is not using the whole disk but FreeBSD does not have this issue.

--
Ollivier ROBERT -=- FreeBSD: The Power to Serve! -=- [hidden email]
In memoriam to Ondine : http://ondine.keltia.net/