boinc crunching on GPU with NVIDIA GPU GeForce GTX 960 (GM206-A)

boinc crunching on GPU with NVIDIA GPU GeForce GTX 960 (GM206-A)

tech-lists
Hi,

context is recent freebsd-12-stable, amd64, NVIDIA GPU GeForce GTX 960
(GM206-A) GPU, boinc with WCG. ports are built from the ports tree.

I had no luck with an AMD card, wondering if NVIDIA is better supported
for this. I don't mind what drivers are used, although I'm having
problems determining the best one [1].

Question from me is, has anyone managed to GPU crunch with boinc on the
WCG project under freebsd-12 with an nvidia card? If so, please tell
how you did it?

[1] nvidia-driver-390.87 ? version 410.73 from nvidia themselves?
drm-kmod?

which ones?

thanks,
--