chan_capi in a jail

Paul Schenkeveld-20
Hi Hans Petter,

I'd like to run my asterisk pbx inside a jail but it appears that the
capi driver refuses to respond to jailed processes.  I have made
/dev/capi* visible inside the jail (and for test I made all of /dev
visible) but chan_capi responds with:

  [Dec 13 02:58:47] WARNING[49242] chan_capi.c: The CAPI device is not present or accessible!
  [Dec 13 02:58:47] WARNING[49242] chan_capi.c: CAPI is disabled!

Using 'capitest -d 255 -i <mynum> -o <mynum>' outside the jail I can call
my own number and hear the phone ring, the same command run inside a jail
terminates with:

  CAPI 2.0 not installed! Or insufficient access rights.

Using 8.2p4 and freshly downloaded i4b and chan_capi here.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Thanks,

Paul Schenkeveld

Re: chan_capi in a jail

Hans Petter Selasky
On Tuesday 13 December 2011 11:34:06 Paul Schenkeveld wrote:

> Hi Hans Petter,
>
> I'd like to run my asterisk pbx inside a jail but it appears that the
> capi driver refuses to respond to jailed processes.  I have made
> /dev/capi* visible inside the jail (and for test I made all of /dev
> visible) but chan_capi responds with:
>
>   [Dec 13 02:58:47] WARNING[49242] chan_capi.c: The CAPI device is not
> present or accessible! [Dec 13 02:58:47] WARNING[49242] chan_capi.c: CAPI
> is disabled!
>
> Using 'capitest -d 255 -i <mynum> -o <mynum>' outside the jail I can call
> my own number and hear the phone ring, the same command run inside a jail
> terminates with:
>
>   CAPI 2.0 not installed! Or insufficient access rights.
>
> Using 8.2p4 and freshly downloaded i4b and chan_capi here.
>
> Any suggestions appreciated.

Is this the SVN version of i4b + chan_capi. I recently removed delegate
support.

See keyword delegate in isdnconfig manual page.

Before: use isdnconfig delegate XXX:YYY
New: use chown XXX:YYY /dev/capi

--HPS

Re: chan_capi in a jail

Paul Schenkeveld-20

I used the instructions from http://www.selasky.org/hans_petter/isdn4bsd/:

  fetch http://www.turbocat.net/~hselasky/isdn4bsd/releases/FreeBSD/1_7_4/Makefile
  fetch http://www.turbocat.net/~hselasky/isdn4bsd/releases/FreeBSD/1_7_4/Makefile.v1
  fetch http://www.turbocat.net/~hselasky/isdn4bsd/releases/FreeBSD/1_7_4/Makefile.v2
  fetch http://www.turbocat.net/~hselasky/isdn4bsd/releases/FreeBSD/1_7_4/new_ihfc_1_7_4.tar.bz2
  fetch http://www.turbocat.net/~hselasky/isdn4bsd/releases/FreeBSD/1_7_4/new_ihfc_1_7_4.diff.bz2

> See keyword delegate in isdnconfig manual page.
>
> Before: use isdnconfig delegate XXX:YYY
> New: use chown XXX:YYY /dev/capi

I wasn't aware of delegation thru isdnconfig, never needed it when I built
my previous PBX with Asterisk 1.2 on FreeBSD 6.2.  After adding isdnconfig
to the jail startup, asterisk now sees the CAPI driver.  I'll connect it
to the ISDN line on saturday and see how it works.

Thanks!

Paul Schenkeveld

Re: chan_capi in a jail

Hans Petter Selasky
On Wednesday 14 December 2011 10:07:48 Paul Schenkeveld wrote:

> On Tue, Dec 13, 2011 at 04:34:07PM +0100, Hans Petter Selasky wrote:
> > On Tuesday 13 December 2011 11:34:06 Paul Schenkeveld wrote:
> > > Hi Hans Petter,
> > >
> > > I'd like to run my asterisk pbx inside a jail but it appears that the
> > > capi driver refuses to respond to jailed processes.  I have made
> > > /dev/capi* visible inside the jail (and for test I made all of /dev
> > >
> > > visible) but chan_capi responds with:
> > >   [Dec 13 02:58:47] WARNING[49242] chan_capi.c: The CAPI device is not
> > >
> > > present or accessible! [Dec 13 02:58:47] WARNING[49242] chan_capi.c:
> > > CAPI is disabled!
> > >
> > > Using 'capitest -d 255 -i <mynum> -o <mynum>' outside the jail I can
> > > call my own number and hear the phone ring, the same command run
> > > inside a jail
> > >
> > > terminates with:
> > >   CAPI 2.0 not installed! Or insufficient access rights.
> > >
> > > Using 8.2p4 and freshly downloaded i4b and chan_capi here.
> > >
> > > Any suggestions appreciated.
> >
> > Is this the SVN version of i4b + chan_capi. I recently removed delegate
> > support.
>
> I used the instructions from http://www.selasky.org/hans_petter/isdn4bsd/:
>
>   fetch
> http://www.turbocat.net/~hselasky/isdn4bsd/releases/FreeBSD/1_7_4/Makefile
> fetch
> http://www.turbocat.net/~hselasky/isdn4bsd/releases/FreeBSD/1_7_4/Makefile
> .v1 fetch
> http://www.turbocat.net/~hselasky/isdn4bsd/releases/FreeBSD/1_7_4/Makefile
> .v2 fetch
> http://www.turbocat.net/~hselasky/isdn4bsd/releases/FreeBSD/1_7_4/new_ihfc
> _1_7_4.tar.bz2 fetch
> http://www.turbocat.net/~hselasky/isdn4bsd/releases/FreeBSD/1_7_4/new_ihfc
> _1_7_4.diff.bz2
>
> > See keyword delegate in isdnconfig manual page.
> >
> > Before: use isdnconfig delegate XXX:YYY
> > New: use chown XXX:YYY /dev/capi
>
> I wasn't aware of delegation thru isdnconfig, never needed it when I built
> my previous PBX with Asterisk 1.2 on FreeBSD 6.2.  After adding isdnconfig
> to the jail startup, asterisk now sees the CAPI driver.  I'll connect it
> to the ISDN line on saturday and see how it works.

Reminds me I need to make a new I4B tarball soon :-)

--HPS