cvsup3.uk.freebsd.org

Randy Bush
cvsup3.uk.freebsd.org is not current, at least for ports, hence probably
others

this is getting messy, three of five servers i have used in the last two
days are out of sync.  i demand a refund!! :)

randy

cvsup*.uk.freebsd.org

Randy Bush
it's the whole frelling uk!

drinx.linx.net:/usr/src# csup -g -s -L 2 cvs-supfile 2>&1 | tee cvsup.log
Parsing supfile "cvs-supfile"
Connecting to cvsup3.uk.freebsd.org
Connected to 131.111.8.41
Server software version: SNAP_16_1h
Negotiating file attribute support
Exchanging collection information
Establishing multiplexed-mode data connection
Running
Updating collection src-all/cvs
Updating collection doc-all/cvs
Updating collection ports-all/cvs
Shutting down connection to server
Finished successfully

drinx.linx.net:/usr/src# csup -g -s -L 2 cvs-supfile 2>&1 | tee cvsup.log
Parsing supfile "cvs-supfile"
Connecting to cvsup2.uk.freebsd.org
Connected to 131.111.8.41
Server software version: SNAP_16_1h
Negotiating file attribute support
Exchanging collection information
Establishing multiplexed-mode data connection
Running
Updating collection src-all/cvs
Updating collection doc-all/cvs
Updating collection ports-all/cvs
Shutting down connection to server
Finished successfully

drinx.linx.net:/usr/src# csup -g -s -L 2 cvs-supfile 2>&1 | tee cvsup.log
Parsing supfile "cvs-supfile"
Connecting to cvsup.uk.freebsd.org
Connected to 131.111.8.41
Server software version: SNAP_16_1h
Negotiating file attribute support
Exchanging collection information
Establishing multiplexed-mode data connection
Running
Updating collection src-all/cvs
Updating collection doc-all/cvs
Updating collection ports-all/cvs
Shutting down connection to server
Finished successfully

drinx.linx.net:/usr/src# csup -g -s -L 2 cvs-supfile 2>&1 | tee cvsup.log
Parsing supfile "cvs-supfile"
Connecting to cvsup3.jp.freebsd.org
Connected to 210.188.224.164
Server software version: SNAP_16_1h
Negotiating file attribute support
Exchanging collection information
Establishing multiplexed-mode data connection
Running
Updating collection src-all/cvs
 Edit src/cddl/contrib/opensolaris/cmd/zfs/zfs_main.c
  Add delta 1.4.2.10 2012.01.23.08.30.17 mm
 Edit src/cddl/contrib/opensolaris/lib/libzfs/common/libzfs.h
  Add delta 1.6.2.10 2012.01.23.08.30.17 mm
and a whole lot more!

randy

Re: cvsup*.uk.freebsd.org

Mark Blackman-4
There's really only 2 CVSup servers in the UK and
one of them is about to be decommissioned.

If there's the demand, I'll host a CVSup mirror
in the UK, but it's not obvious there's much
demand.

- Mark

On Tue, 24 Jan 2012, Randy Bush wrote:

> it's the whole frelling uk!
>
> drinx.linx.net:/usr/src# csup -g -s -L 2 cvs-supfile 2>&1 | tee cvsup.log
> Parsing supfile "cvs-supfile"
> Connecting to cvsup3.uk.freebsd.org
> Connected to 131.111.8.41
> Server software version: SNAP_16_1h
> Negotiating file attribute support
> Exchanging collection information
> Establishing multiplexed-mode data connection
> Running
> Updating collection src-all/cvs
> Updating collection doc-all/cvs
> Updating collection ports-all/cvs
> Shutting down connection to server
> Finished successfully
>
> drinx.linx.net:/usr/src# csup -g -s -L 2 cvs-supfile 2>&1 | tee cvsup.log
> Parsing supfile "cvs-supfile"
> Connecting to cvsup2.uk.freebsd.org
> Connected to 131.111.8.41
> Server software version: SNAP_16_1h
> Negotiating file attribute support
> Exchanging collection information
> Establishing multiplexed-mode data connection
> Running
> Updating collection src-all/cvs
> Updating collection doc-all/cvs
> Updating collection ports-all/cvs
> Shutting down connection to server
> Finished successfully
>
> drinx.linx.net:/usr/src# csup -g -s -L 2 cvs-supfile 2>&1 | tee cvsup.log
> Parsing supfile "cvs-supfile"
> Connecting to cvsup.uk.freebsd.org
> Connected to 131.111.8.41
> Server software version: SNAP_16_1h
> Negotiating file attribute support
> Exchanging collection information
> Establishing multiplexed-mode data connection
> Running
> Updating collection src-all/cvs
> Updating collection doc-all/cvs
> Updating collection ports-all/cvs
> Shutting down connection to server
> Finished successfully
>
> drinx.linx.net:/usr/src# csup -g -s -L 2 cvs-supfile 2>&1 | tee cvsup.log
> Parsing supfile "cvs-supfile"
> Connecting to cvsup3.jp.freebsd.org
> Connected to 210.188.224.164
> Server software version: SNAP_16_1h
> Negotiating file attribute support
> Exchanging collection information
> Establishing multiplexed-mode data connection
> Running
> Updating collection src-all/cvs
> Edit src/cddl/contrib/opensolaris/cmd/zfs/zfs_main.c
>  Add delta 1.4.2.10 2012.01.23.08.30.17 mm
> Edit src/cddl/contrib/opensolaris/lib/libzfs/common/libzfs.h
>  Add delta 1.6.2.10 2012.01.23.08.30.17 mm
> and a whole lot more!
>
> randy

Re: cvsup*.uk.freebsd.org

Gary Palmer-2
On Tue, Jan 24, 2012 at 02:36:03PM +0900, Randy Bush wrote:
> it's the whole frelling uk!

There is only one working cvsup server in the UK.  All the hostnames are
CNAMEs to sesame.csx.cam.ac.uk.  There is/was one server at cvsup.plig.net
but its decomissioned and no longer answers.

Robert Watson looked at the sesame problem earlier (
http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-hubs/2012-January/002413.html )
and it appears that the upstream server is/was refusing connections

Gary

Re: cvsup*.uk.freebsd.org

Randy Bush
On Tue, Jan 24, 2012 at 10:01:46AM -0500, Gary Palmer wrote:

> On Tue, Jan 24, 2012 at 02:36:03PM +0900, Randy Bush wrote:
> > it's the whole frelling uk!
>
> There is only one working cvsup server in the UK.  All the hostnames are
> CNAMEs to sesame.csx.cam.ac.uk.  There is/was one server at cvsup.plig.net
> but its decomissioned and no longer answers.
>
> Robert Watson looked at the sesame problem earlier (
> http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-hubs/2012-January/002413.html )
> and it appears that the upstream server is/was refusing connections

P.S. since the problem with sesame, I moved to cvsup.ie.freebsd.org as it
was the fastest of the servers according to sysutils/fastest_cvsup
Going to Japan is probably a bit extreme :)

Re: cvsup*.uk.freebsd.org

Gary Palmer-2
Randy Bush wrote:

> On Tue, Jan 24, 2012 at 10:01:46AM -0500, Gary Palmer wrote:
>> On Tue, Jan 24, 2012 at 02:36:03PM +0900, Randy Bush wrote:
>>> it's the whole frelling uk!
>> There is only one working cvsup server in the UK.  All the hostnames are
>> CNAMEs to sesame.csx.cam.ac.uk.  There is/was one server at cvsup.plig.net
>> but its decomissioned and no longer answers.
>>
>> Robert Watson looked at the sesame problem earlier (
>> http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-hubs/2012-January/002413.html )
>> and it appears that the upstream server is/was refusing connections
> P.S. since the problem with sesame, I moved to cvsup.ie.freebsd.org as it
> was the fastest of the servers according to sysutils/fastest_cvsup
> Going to Japan is probably a bit extreme :)

DARN IT.  Sorry, mis-edited the headers in mutt.  That message was from
me, not Randy

Re: cvsup*.uk.freebsd.org

Randy Bush
> There is only one working cvsup server in the UK.  All the hostnames are
> CNAMEs to sesame.csx.cam.ac.uk.  There is/was one server at cvsup.plig.net
> but its decomissioned and no longer answers.
>
> Robert Watson looked at the sesame problem earlier (
> http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-hubs/2012-January/002413.html )
> and it appears that the upstream server is/was refusing connections

perhaps when one or more servers are *known* not to be current, they
should downed and/or their dns turned off.

having non-current servers up is costing our fellow sysadmins a lot of
wasted time.

randy

Re: cvsup*.uk.freebsd.org

Randy Bush
> Going to Japan is probably a bit extreme :)

i live here :)

randy

Re: cvsup3.uk.freebsd.org

Tony Finch
Randy Bush <[hidden email]> wrote:

> cvsup3.uk.freebsd.org is not current, at least for ports, hence probably
> others

Sorry about that. I have changed it to mirror from cvsup3.freebsd.org
since cvsup2.freebsd.org is refusing connections. It is updating now.

Please shout if there is a more appropriate upstream for me to point it
at.

Tony.
East Sole, Lundy, Fastnet, Irish Sea: Northwesterly 5 to 7, occasionally gale
8 at first in Irish Sea, becoming variable 3 or 4. Slight or moderate in Irish
Sea, otherwise rough or very rough. Squally, thundery showers at first. Mainly
good.