cvsup4.us.freebsd.org gives invalid greeting

cvsup4.us.freebsd.org gives invalid greeting

Randy Bush
# csup -g -s -L 2 cvs-supfile 2>&1 | tee cvsup.log
Parsing supfile "cvs-supfile"
Connecting to cvsup4.us.freebsd.org
Connected to 2001:4f8:0:2::e
Invalid greeting from server

Re: cvsup4.us.freebsd.org gives invalid greeting

Ryan Rawdon
I posted to the list a week ago with the same - it seems that cvsup4 is fine over IPv4 but socat or whatever other proxy sits in front of it for v6 functionality is not exactly functioning properly.

On Jan 22, 2012, at 5:44 PM, Randy Bush wrote:

> # csup -g -s -L 2 cvs-supfile 2>&1 | tee cvsup.log
> Parsing supfile "cvs-supfile"
> Connecting to cvsup4.us.freebsd.org
> Connected to 2001:4f8:0:2::e
> Invalid greeting from server

Re: cvsup4.us.freebsd.org gives invalid greeting

Randy Bush
> I posted to the list a week ago with the same - it seems that cvsup4
> is fine over IPv4 but socat or whatever other proxy sits in front of
> it for v6 functionality is not exactly functioning properly.
>> # csup -g -s -L 2 cvs-supfile 2>&1 | tee cvsup.log
>> Parsing supfile "cvs-supfile"
>> Connecting to cvsup4.us.freebsd.org
>> Connected to 2001:4f8:0:2::e
>> Invalid greeting from server

then the AAAA should be removed

randy

On Jan 22, 2012, at 8:08 PM, Randy Bush wrote:

>> I posted to the list a week ago with the same - it seems that cvsup4
>> is fine over IPv4 but socat or whatever other proxy sits in front of
>> it for v6 functionality is not exactly functioning properly.
>>> # csup -g -s -L 2 cvs-supfile 2>&1 | tee cvsup.log
>>> Parsing supfile "cvs-supfile"
>>> Connecting to cvsup4.us.freebsd.org
>>> Connected to 2001:4f8:0:2::e
>>> Invalid greeting from server
>
> then the AAAA should be removed
>
> randy

I forwarded it on to the ISC NOC to see if they could pass it to the right person. Last night they did, and it was fixed:

nova-dhcp-host111:~ ryan$ telnet cvsup4.us.freebsd.org 5999
Trying 2001:4f8:0:2::e...
Connected to freebsd.isc.org.
Escape character is '^]'.
OK 17 0 SNAP_16_1h CVSup server ready
^]
telnet> quit

Re: cvsup4.us.freebsd.org gives invalid greeting

Randy Bush
>> then the AAAA should be removed
> I forwarded it on to the ISC NOC to see if they could pass it to the
> right person. Last night they did, and it was fixed:
>
> nova-dhcp-host111:~ ryan$ telnet cvsup4.us.freebsd.org 5999
> Trying 2001:4f8:0:2::e...
> Connected to freebsd.isc.org.
> Escape character is '^]'.
> OK 17 0 SNAP_16_1h CVSup server ready