devel/gcc-arm-embedded fails package validation with synth

devel/gcc-arm-embedded fails package validation with synth

Jonathan Chen
Hi,

The devel/gcc-arm-embedded is failing in the package validation phase
when built with synth. The build-phase completes, but when synth
attempts to validate the package dependancies it fails:

The task is complete.  Final tally:
Initial queue size: 1
    packages built: 1
           ignored: 0
           skipped: 0
            failed: 0

Duration: 01:56:14
The build logs can be found at: /var/log/synth
Stand by, recursively scanning 1 port serially.
Scanning existing packages.
gcc-arm-embedded-6.3.20170628.txz failed dependency check.

In particular, the LIB_DEPENDS entry "libelf.so:devel/libelf" is
causing the confusion. On my 11-STABLE/amd64 host, this is included in
the base system (/usr/lib/libelf.so); but since it is listed in
LIB_DEPENDS, synth gets confused as to why the package dependancies
haven't been built. Is the libelf.so entry required for supported
FreeBSD systems?

Cheers.
--
Jonathan Chen <[hidden email]>

Re: devel/gcc-arm-embedded fails package validation with synth

Lev Serebryakov
On 15.07.2017 08:54, Jonathan Chen wrote:

> In particular, the LIB_DEPENDS entry "libelf.so:devel/libelf" is
> causing the confusion. On my 11-STABLE/amd64 host, this is included in
> the base system (/usr/lib/libelf.so); but since it is listed in
> LIB_DEPENDS, synth gets confused as to why the package dependancies
> haven't been built. Is the libelf.so entry required for supported
> FreeBSD systems?
 I need to check this! Thank you.

--
// Lev Serebryakov