/etc/jail.d (or jail.conf.d)

Kyle Evans-3
Hello!

Antranig "antranigv" Vartanian has had this review open for a couple
months at this point: https://reviews.freebsd.org/D24570 -- I'd like
to try and get this review hammered out and finished within the next
week.

Currently it adds an /etc/jail.d, but the point was raised that we
have a mixture of these with different naming conventions and that
/etc/jail.conf.d may be better -- I'm inclined to agree since
jail.conf.d would more directly imply that the contents are
jail.conf(5) format while jail.d might be too vague, but we're looking
for input here.

The motives behind a dedicated directory are the usual: cleaner /etc
if you have a lot of jail-specific conf and it offers less redundancy
in names.

Also, while I'm here, would anyone else have interest in joining a
#jail phabricator group if one were to be created?

Thanks,

Kyle Evans

Re: /etc/jail.d (or jail.conf.d)

Mina Galić
On Thursday, December 10th, 2020 at 7:44 PM, Kyle Evans <[hidden email]> wrote:

> /etc/jail.conf.d may be better -- I'm inclined to agree since
> jail.conf.d would more directly imply that the contents are
> jail.conf(5) format while jail.d might be too vague, but we're looking
> for input here.

+1

> Also, while I'm here, would anyone else have interest in joining a
> #jail phabricator group if one were to be created?

sign me up!

> Thanks,
>
> Kyle Evans

Mina Galić

Re: /etc/jail.d (or jail.conf.d)

freebsd-jail mailing list
Quoting Kyle Evans <[hidden email]> (from Thu, 10 Dec 2020
12:44:27 -0600):

> Currently it adds an /etc/jail.d, but the point was raised that we
> have a mixture of these with different naming conventions and that
> /etc/jail.conf.d may be better -- I'm inclined to agree since

I would prefer jail.conf.d.

> Also, while I'm here, would anyone else have interest in joining a
> #jail phabricator group if one were to be created?

Yes.

Bye,
Alexander.

--
http://www.Leidinger.net [hidden email]: PGP 0x8F31830F9F2772BF
http://www.FreeBSD.org    [hidden email]  : PGP 0x8F31830F9F2772BF

Re: /etc/jail.d (or jail.conf.d)

infoomatic
On 10.12.20 19:44, Kyle Evans wrote:
> Currently it adds an /etc/jail.d, but the point was raised that we
> have a mixture of these with different naming conventions and that
> /etc/jail.conf.d may be better -- I'm inclined to agree since
> jail.conf.d would more directly imply that the contents are
> jail.conf(5) format while jail.d might be too vague, but we're looking
> for input here.

/etc/jail.conf.d seems to be the logical choice to keep naming
consistent, so my vote is also with that.