fail2ban install issue

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

fail2ban install issue

Donald Wheeler
Hi,
I have read good things about fail2ban, and I would love to install  it!
I am sorry to trouble you if I am doing something dumb.
My server is freebsd-9.1-release, I've updated my ports tree.
I get this error when I go to install from ports:
root@jupiter:/usr/ports/security/py-fail2ban # uname -aFreeBSD jupiter.my.domain 9.1-RELEASE FreeBSD 9.1-RELEASE #0 r243826: Tue Dec  4 06:55:39 UTC 2012     [hidden email]:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC  i386root@jupiter:/usr/ports/security/py-fail2ban # make install clean===>  License GPLv2 accepted by the user===>   py27-fail2ban-0.8.8_1 depends on file: /usr/local/sbin/pkg - found=> fail2ban-fail2ban-0.8.8-0-g51a3be2.tar.gz doesn't seem to exist in /usr/ports/distfiles/.=> Attempting to fetch https://github.com/fail2ban/fail2ban/tarball/0.8.8/fail2ban-fail2ban-0.8.8-0-g51a3be2.tar.gzInitializing download: https://github.com/fail2ban/fail2ban/tarball/0.8.8/fail2ban-fail2ban-0.8.8-0-g51a3be2.tar.gzToo many redirects.
=> Attempting to fetch ftp://ftp.FreeBSD.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/distfiles/fail2ban-fail2ban-0.8.8-0-g51a3be2.tar.gzInitializing download: ftp://ftp.FreeBSD.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/distfiles/fail2ban-fail2ban-0.8.8-0-g51a3be2.tar.gzFile not found.
=> Couldn't fetch it - please try to retrieve this=> port manually into /usr/ports/distfiles/ and try again.*** [do-fetch] Error code 1
Stop in /usr/ports/security/py-fail2ban.root@jupiter:/usr/ports/security/py-fail2ban #
If you could point me in the right direction, I would be grateful!
Regards,Don Wheeler
_______________________________________________
[hidden email] mailing list
http://lists.freebsd.org/mailman/listinfo/freebsd-ports
To unsubscribe, send any mail to "[hidden email]"
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: fail2ban install issue

Florent Peterschmitt-2
I just test, it works well. Maybe the problem was solved the time for
you to write this email :)

Le 12/03/2013 22:21, Donald Wheeler a écrit :

> Hi,
> I have read good things about fail2ban, and I would love to install  it!
> I am sorry to trouble you if I am doing something dumb.
> My server is freebsd-9.1-release, I've updated my ports tree.
> I get this error when I go to install from ports:
> root@jupiter:/usr/ports/security/py-fail2ban # uname -aFreeBSD jupiter.my.domain 9.1-RELEASE FreeBSD 9.1-RELEASE #0 r243826: Tue Dec  4 06:55:39 UTC 2012     [hidden email]:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC  i386root@jupiter:/usr/ports/security/py-fail2ban # make install clean===>  License GPLv2 accepted by the user===>   py27-fail2ban-0.8.8_1 depends on file: /usr/local/sbin/pkg - found=> fail2ban-fail2ban-0.8.8-0-g51a3be2.tar.gz doesn't seem to exist in /usr/ports/distfiles/.=> Attempting to fetch https://github.com/fail2ban/fail2ban/tarball/0.8.8/fail2ban-fail2ban-0.8.8-0-g51a3be2.tar.gzInitializing download: https://github.com/fail2ban/fail2ban/tarball/0.8.8/fail2ban-fail2ban-0.8.8-0-g51a3be2.tar.gzToo many redirects.
> => Attempting to fetch ftp://ftp.FreeBSD.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/distfiles/fail2ban-fail2ban-0.8.8-0-g51a3be2.tar.gzInitializing download: ftp://ftp.FreeBSD.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/distfiles/fail2ban-fail2ban-0.8.8-0-g51a3be2.tar.gzFile not found.
> => Couldn't fetch it - please try to retrieve this=> port manually into /usr/ports/distfiles/ and try again.*** [do-fetch] Error code 1
> Stop in /usr/ports/security/py-fail2ban.root@jupiter:/usr/ports/security/py-fail2ban #
> If you could point me in the right direction, I would be grateful!
> Regards,Don Wheeler
> _______________________________________________
> [hidden email] mailing list
> http://lists.freebsd.org/mailman/listinfo/freebsd-ports
> To unsubscribe, send any mail to "[hidden email]"
>


signature.asc (567 bytes) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: fail2ban install issue

Olivier Smedts
2013/3/13 Florent Peterschmitt <[hidden email]>:
> I just test, it works well. Maybe the problem was solved the time for
> you to write this email :)

...or ftp.freebsd.org is an out-of-date mirror.


--
Olivier Smedts                                                 _
                                        ASCII ribbon campaign ( )
e-mail: [hidden email]        - against HTML email & vCards  X
www: http://www.gid0.org    - against proprietary attachments / \

  "Il y a seulement 10 sortes de gens dans le monde :
  ceux qui comprennent le binaire,
  et ceux qui ne le comprennent pas."
_______________________________________________
[hidden email] mailing list
http://lists.freebsd.org/mailman/listinfo/freebsd-ports
To unsubscribe, send any mail to "[hidden email]"
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: fail2ban install issue

Florent Peterschmitt-2
Le 13/03/2013 13:35, Olivier Smedts a écrit :
> 2013/3/13 Florent Peterschmitt <[hidden email]>:
>> I just test, it works well. Maybe the problem was solved the time for
>> you to write this email :)
> ...or ftp.freebsd.org is an out-of-date mirror.
>
>
The fetch append on github and failed on it:

"Attempting to fetch
https://github.com/fail2ban/fail2ban/tarball/0.8.8/fail2ban-fail2ban-0.8.8-0-g51a3be2.tar.gzInitializing
download:
https://github.com/fail2ban/fail2ban/tarball/0.8.8/fail2ban-fail2ban-0.8.8-0-g51a3be2.tar.gzToo
many redirects."

And so ftp.freebsd.org is not synced too.


signature.asc (567 bytes) Download Attachment