ftp-master cvsup and upgrade

Simon L. B. Nielsen-4
Hey,

I just disabled cvsupd on ftp-master. I don't think anyone was using it
anymore, but I thought I should mention it anyway. RIP. This change does
mean that we should get a bit more power out of the current server as we
don't have to build the cvsup file "database" anymore.

I'm currently also working on setting up our new ftp-master server which
has been sitting for way too long. The new server should have significantly
better performance than current ftp-master.
I hope to switch it over in the next two week but I don't know for sure
yet. If I do manage to get it done it will mean some downtime for
ftp-master while I do the final sync etc.

If anyone have specific requests of when I should not do this, please let
me know. When I will pull the trigger I will send a mail but there will
likely not be a lot of advance warning... unfortunately my/our time is
rather limited so I have to do stuff when I can see a window of free time.

--
Simon L. B. Nielsen
Hat: FreeBSD.org admins team

Re: ftp-master cvsup and upgrade

Rudolf Cejka
Simon L. B. Nielsen wrote (2012/01/22):
> I'm currently also working on setting up our new ftp-master server which
> has been sitting for way too long. The new server should have significantly
> better performance than current ftp-master.

Hello, great news, thank you very much ;o)

Please, which disk capacity is planned on the new server?

And is it right, that current ftp-master has 2 TB, but it
is still used under 1 TB because of unknown capacity on mirrors?

Best regards.

--
Rudolf Cejka <cejkar at fit.vutbr.cz> http://www.fit.vutbr.cz/~cejkar
Brno University of Technology, Faculty of Information Technology