geom_uzip need xz device

Mori Hiroki
Hi

I found geom_uzip need xz device on CURRENT now.

Hiroki Mori

Re: geom_uzip need xz device

Mori Hiroki
Hi

Also change device name.

New: flash/mx25l0s.rootfs.uzip
Old: flash/spi0s.rootfs.uzip

Be careful update system.

Hiroki Mori

> I found geom_uzip need xz device on CURRENT now.
>
> Hiroki Mori

Re: geom_uzip need xz device

Eugene Grosbein-10
05.03.2019 8:46, Mori Hiroki wrote:

> Hi
>
> Also change device name.
>
> New: flash/mx25l0s.rootfs.uzip
> Old: flash/spi0s.rootfs.uzip
>
> Be careful update system.

This part is not about geom_uzip but flash drivers, see commit log:
https://svnweb.freebsd.org/base?view=revision&revision=344526

One better refer file system using persistent UFS label (tunefs -L)
instead of driver-dependent path, so such changes do not affect mounts.

Re: geom_uzip need xz device

Ian Lepore-3
On Tue, 2019-03-05 at 10:46 +0900, Mori Hiroki wrote:

> Hi
>
> Also change device name.
>
> New: flash/mx25l0s.rootfs.uzip
> Old: flash/spi0s.rootfs.uzip
>
> Be careful update system.
>
> Hiroki Mori

This is an unexpected effect of a change I made to remove a conflict
between the mx25l and at45d drivers.  I'll try to fix it, and if I
can't, I'll revert the change (mx25l is used far more than at45d, and
keeping it compatible with the past is more important).

-- Ian

Re: geom_uzip need xz device

Mori Hiroki
Hi

> On Tue, 2019-03-05 at 10:46 +0900, Mori Hiroki wrote:
>>  Hi
>>
>>  Also change device name.
>>
>>  New: flash/mx25l0s.rootfs.uzip
>>  Old: flash/spi0s.rootfs.uzip
>>
>>  Be careful update system.
>>
>>  Hiroki Mori
>>

> This is an unexpected effect of a change I made to remove a conflict
> between the mx25l and at45d drivers.  I'll try to fix it, and if I
> can't, I'll revert the change (mx25l is used far more than at45d, and
> keeping it compatible with the past is more important).

Thanks consider this issue.

Now also not work geom_redboot.c. Because of spi is hard code.

Regards

Hiroki Mori

> -- Ian

Re: geom_uzip need xz device

Ian Lepore-3
On Sat, 2019-03-09 at 10:16 +0900, Mori Hiroki wrote:

> Hi

I tried to fix the geom layer so that the disk alias feature would work
right with with geom_flashmap and geom_redboot, but that turns out to
be very hard to do.  So instead I just partially reverted r344526;
devices using the mx25l driver will use the /dev/flash/spi* names again
beginning with r344981.

Sorry for breaking this.

-- Ian

Re: geom_uzip need xz device

Warner Losh
On Sun, Mar 10, 2019 at 3:19 PM Ian Lepore <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Sat, 2019-03-09 at 10:16 +0900, Mori Hiroki wrote:
> > Hi

The fault is partially mine... The disk alias stuff I committed wasn't
quite ready for prime time...

Warner