head/lib/clang/freebsd_cc_version.h , FREEBSD_CC_VERSION : When is it supposed to update?

head/lib/clang/freebsd_cc_version.h , FREEBSD_CC_VERSION : When is it supposed to update?

Mark Millard-2
When is:

supposed to have:

updated? Back on 2016-May-23 Bryan Drewery wrote on the lists:

> A critical note to toolchain developers, or anyone who touches the Clang
> or GCC source files.  If you modify these files or add a new target
> architecture into Clang, please bump the revision in the appropriate file:

(It has moved since then.) Does this still apply?

The most recent FREEBSD_CC_VERSION update was the clang 4 -> clang 5 transition:

> Revision 321369 - (view) (download) (annotate) - [select for diffs]
> Modified Sat Jul 22 11:08:25 2017 UTC (6 weeks, 4 days ago) by dim
> File length: 53 byte(s)
> Diff to previous 314564
> Upgrade our copies of clang, llvm, lld, lldb, compiler-rt and libc++ to
> 5.0.0 (trunk r308421).  Upstream has branched for the 5.0.0 release,
> which should be in about a month.  Please report bugs and regressions,
> so we can get them into the release.
> Please note that from 3.5.0 onwards, clang, llvm and lldb require C++11
> support to build; see UPDATING for more information.
> MFC after: 2 months

There have been updates since then (for example):

322326 (lldb so might not count)
322360 (lldb so might not count)
322474 (lldb so might not count)

Mark Millard