help about netcat in free bsd

lei yang
Hi list,

I know little about free bsd package,can you point me where is the
netcat source, and how can I built it (with gcc or Makefile) in my
redhat host.

Thanks
Lei

Re: help about netcat in free bsd

Jason Hellenthal-2

On Tue, Jun 26, 2012 at 12:30:29AM +0800, lei yang wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> I know little about free bsd package,can you point me where is the
> netcat source, and how can I built it (with gcc or Makefile) in my
> redhat host.

This is neither a FreeBSD question or a FreeBSD specific application.

- but -

It is in the first hit on google.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=netcat

--

 - (2^(N-1))

On Tuesday, June 26, 2012, J. Hellenthal wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 26, 2012 at 12:30:29AM +0800, lei yang wrote:
> > Hi list,
> >
> > I know little about free bsd package,can you point me where is the
> > netcat source, and how can I built it (with gcc or Makefile) in my
> > redhat host.
> >

> This is neither a FreeBSD question or a FreeBSD specific application.

but I need to build it (the free bsd nectat) on my  redhat. where can be
the start. I download a package for free bsd(not sure it's the right
package) but it seems can't make directly

Lei

> - but -
>
> It is in the first hit on google.
>
> http://lmgtfy.com/?q=netcat
>

> --
>
>  - (2^(N-1))

Re: help about netcat in free bsd

lei yang
On Tuesday, June 26, 2012, J. Hellenthal wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 26, 2012 at 12:30:29AM +0800, lei yang wrote:
> > Hi list,
> >
> > I know little about free bsd package,can you point me where is the
> > netcat source, and how can I built it (with gcc or Makefile) in my
> > redhat host.
> >

> This is neither a FreeBSD question or a FreeBSD specific application.

but I need to build it (the free bsd nectat) on my  redhat. where can be
the start. I download a package for free bsd(not sure it's the right
package) but it seems can't make directly

Lei

> - but -
>
> It is in the first hit on google.
>
> http://lmgtfy.com/?q=netcat
>

> --
>
>  - (2^(N-1))

Re: help about netcat in free bsd

Julian H. Stacey-3
Hi,
Reference:

lei yang wrote:

> On Tuesday, June 26, 2012, J. Hellenthal wrote:
>

> > On Tue, Jun 26, 2012 at 12:30:29AM +0800, lei yang wrote:
> > > Hi list,
> > >
> > > I know little about free bsd package,can you point me where is the
> > > netcat source, and how can I built it (with gcc or Makefile) in my
> > > redhat host.
> > >

> > This is neither a FreeBSD question or a FreeBSD specific application.
> >

> but I need to build it (the free bsd nectat) on my  redhat. where can be
> the start. I download a package for free bsd(not sure it's the right
> package) but it seems can't make directly

You are still asking on the _Wrong_ List
To find FreeBSD sources, search http://www.freebsd.org

Then, To Build FreeBSD sources on Linux,
do Not ask us on any @freebsd.org list, Ask for help on a Linux support list.

To find a binary package made from FreeBSD sources, to run on Linux:
do Not ask us on any @freebsd.org list, Ask on a Linux support list

If you want to know what FreeBSD is read http://www.freebsd.org

Cheers,
Julian
--
Julian Stacey, BSD Unix Linux C Sys Eng Consultants Munich http://berklix.com
 Reply below not above, cumulative like a play script, & indent with "> ".