hwpmc / high resolution profiling kernel

hwpmc / high resolution profiling kernel

Laurent Frigault-2
Hi,

I try to use hwpmc to find a net/lagg performance problem on a DELL
poweredge 2950 with dual E5440 (AMD64 7.1-PRERELEASE form yesterday) ,
but it seems that those processor are not recognized by hwpmc .
Is there a known fix / work arround ?

I also try to build an high resolution profiling kernel (config -p -p),
but it freeze at boot time.  A standard profiling kernel (config -p)
boots fine.

Any advice ?

Laurent Frigault | Free.org

Re: hwpmc / high resolution profiling kernel

Kris Kennaway-3
Laurent Frigault wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I try to use hwpmc to find a net/lagg performance problem on a DELL
> poweredge 2950 with dual E5440 (AMD64 7.1-PRERELEASE form yesterday) ,
> but it seems that those processor are not recognized by hwpmc .
> Is there a known fix / work arround ?

Support has recently been added in 8.0.  Hopefully it will be
back-ported soon.

Kris

Re: hwpmc / high resolution profiling kernel

George Neville-Neil-3
At Thu, 27 Nov 2008 22:15:00 -0800,
Kris Kennaway wrote:

> Laurent Frigault wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I try to use hwpmc to find a net/lagg performance problem on a DELL
> > poweredge 2950 with dual E5440 (AMD64 7.1-PRERELEASE form yesterday) ,
> > but it seems that those processor are not recognized by hwpmc .
> > Is there a known fix / work arround ?
>
> Support has recently been added in 8.0.  Hopefully it will be
> back-ported soon.

I am testing a patch presently for the latest hwpmc in 7.x

Best,
George