i4b-L2 ... i_queue full or no fifo translator (Asterisk chan_capi)

i4b-L2 ... i_queue full or no fifo translator (Asterisk chan_capi)

Thomas Zimmermann-7
Hi all,

I use Asterisk with CAPI on FreeBSD 7 and Nagios only for sending and (later) receiving SMS alerts over ISDN to and from mobile users. Receiving SMS is an option to acknowledge or delegate alerts. Now I have stumbled across three issues.

1. Sharing Asterisk on the same NT with an existing PBX:
We have an ISDN line with 4 NTs (8 BRI channels) and 100 telephone numbers for DDI. The protocol is point-to-point.
Since connecting Asterisk behind the existing PBX is not possible, I share one of the NTs with the existing PBX.
I assume that the existing PBX listens to all DDI Numbers. How can I configure Asterisk to listen to one number without interfering with the other PBX?

2. I am still confused as to how I should setup capi.conf and extensions.conf correctly for an ISDN line with DDIs! All documentation I have found (readmes and Google) mainly focuses on ISDN with point-to-multipoint (msn).
Although my configuration works, I see strange behavior. After running Asterisk for about 15 minutes, the /var/log/messages log file and the console fill up about five times every second with the following message:
i4b-L2 dss1_pipe_data_req: unit=0, pipe=0, i_queue full or no fifo translator!!
I can stop this message using '/usr/local/etc/rc.d/asterisk stop'.
You can see my configuration files further down in this mail.
Do I have to set more parameters in my configuration, or should I replace my (passive) ISDN interface with an active one?

3. Sending SMS, the command above runs successfully, and I receive a message on the mobile phone. However, it displays the wrong ?Calling Line Identification (CLIP)?: It shows the main number instead of the DDI extension.

smsq --motx-channel=?CAPI/ISDN1/0622100000' 079xxx8690 'Hello World? (valid for Swisscom in Switzerland)

Versions:
- Asterisk 1.4.21.2 (build from the ports tree)
- i4b and chan-capi (svn rev. 850) from Hans Petter Selaski
- FreeBSD 7.0-RELEASE-p4 amd-64

ISDN Line:
4 basic lines / 4 NTs
100 DDI extensions (extensions are 2 digits)
Using ISDN and Channel Driver from Hans Petter Selasky. i4b and chan-capi (svn rev. 850).

#pciconf -lv
ihfc0@pci0:6:0:0: class=0x028000 card=0x2bd01397 chip=0x2bd01397 rev=0x02 hdr=0x00
    vendor     = 'Cologne Chip Designs GmbH'
    device     = 'HFC-S PCI A ISDN 2BDS0 ISDN HDLC FIFO Controller'
    class      =  network

#isdnconfig
controller 0 = {
  Layer 1:
    description : HFC-2BDS0 128K PCI ISDN adapter
    type        : passive ISDN (Basic Rate, 2xB)
    channels    : 0x3
    serial      : 0xabcd
    power_save  : on
    dialtone    : enabled
    attached    : yes
    PH-state    : F7: Activated
  Layer 2:
    driver_type : DRVR_DSS1_P2P_TE
}

# cat capi.conf
[general]
nationalprefix = 0
internationalprefix = 00
language = de
rxgain = 1.0
txgain = 1.0

[ISDN1]
isdnmode = DID
incomingmsn = 1234500
defaultcid = 1234578
controller = 0
group = 1
softdtmf = on
relaxdtmf = on
accountcode=
context = capi_in
holdtype = local
echocancel = no
devices = 2

# cat extensions.conf
[default]
include = capi_in
include = capi_out

[capi_out]
exten => _X.,1,Dial(CAPI/ISDN1/${EXTEN}/bl,60)
exten => _X.,2,Hangup

[capi_in]
exten = _678,1,Dial(SIP/78)
exten = _678,2,Hangup

noc# cat sip.conf
[general]
context = default
allowoverlap = no
bindport = 5060
bindaddr = 10.10.10.16
srvlookup=yes

[78]
type = friend
context = capi_out
callerid = 012 123 45 78
host = dynamic
secret = timbuktu
nat = no
canreinvite = yes
dtmfmode = info
call-limit = 1
mailbox = 7878@sip
disallow = all
allow = alaw
callingpres = allowed_passed_screen

Thank you for any input.

regards,

Thomas Zimmermann

Alpnach Dorf, Switzerland

+41 41 670 39 90 Telefon/VoIP
+41 79 341 86 90 Mobile
+41 41 670 39 89 Telefax

Re: i4b-L2 ... i_queue full or no fifo translator (Asterisk chan_capi)

Hans Petter Selasky
Hi,

There is a tool called "isdndecode", which you can run like:

isdndecode -u 0 -i -o -x

It will dump all the contents of the D-channel. Maybe you will find some error
messages there.

If you are using P2P you should maybe add the "power_on" feature to your
config:

isdnconfig -u 0 power_on

It will disable ISDN power saving.

Does the following message only appear when you re-start asterisk ?

i4b-L2 dss1_pipe_data_req: unit=0, pipe=0, i_queue full or no fifo
translator!!

--HPS

On Thursday 11 September 2008, Thomas Zimmermann wrote:

> [...]
> srvlookup=yes
>
> [78]
> type = friend
> context = capi_out
> callerid = 012 123 45 78
> host = dynamic
> secret = timbuktu
> nat = no
> canreinvite = yes
> dtmfmode = info
> call-limit = 1
> mailbox = 7878@sip
> disallow = all
> allow = alaw
> callingpres = allowed_passed_screen
>

> Thank you for any input.
>
> regards,
>
> Thomas Zimmermann
>
> Alpnach Dorf, Switzerland
>
> +41 41 670 39 90 Telefon/VoIP
> +41 79 341 86 90 Mobile
> +41 41 670 39 89 Telefax

Re: i4b-L2 ... i_queue full or no fifo translator (Asterisk chan_capi)

Thank you Hans Petter!

I found out the message above appears only if asterisk is running and calls
are established with the other PBX mostly during office hours.
i4b-L2 dss1_pipe_data_req: unit=0, pipe=0, i_queue full or no fifo
translator!!

If the message appears I will check again with:
isdndecode -u 0 -i -o -x
asterisk -rvvvvvv and 'capi debug'

How can I set the commands permanently?
isdnconfig -u 0 -p DRVR_DSS1_P2P_TE
isdnconfig -u 0 power_on

Do you have some hints for capi.conf, extension.conf and smsq?

regards, Thomas

> [...]
>> srvlookup=yes
>>
>> [78]
>> type = friend
>> context = capi_out
>> callerid = 012 123 45 78
>> host = dynamic
>> secret = timbuktu
>> nat = no
>> canreinvite = yes
>> dtmfmode = info
>> call-limit = 1
>> mailbox = 7878@sip
>> disallow = all
>> allow = alaw
>> callingpres = allowed_passed_screen
>>

>> Thank you for any input.
>>
>> regards,
>>
>> Thomas Zimmermann
>>
>> Alpnach Dorf, Switzerland
>>
>> +41 41 670 39 90 Telefon/VoIP
>> +41 79 341 86 90 Mobile
>> +41 41 670 39 89 Telefax

Re: i4b-L2 ... i_queue full or no fifo translator (Asterisk chan_capi)

Hi Hans Petter

In the meantime, I noticed there is no correct way how to operate two ISDN
devices (asterisk + pbx) on one ISDN line in p2p mode. Of course its
point-to-point and not point-to-multipoint! Special thanks to Mathej
Ondrusek and David Wetzel for this information.

more details:

http://lists.digium.com/pipermail/asterisk-bsd/2008-September/003437.html
http://lists.digium.com/pipermail/asterisk-bsd/2008-September/003438.html
http://lists.digium.com/pipermail/asterisk-bsd/2008-September/003439.html