implementation of RSVP in FreeBSD

samira
hi,
I want to implemente RSVP daemon in FreeBSD 9.2 .
I find rsvpd that implementated in FreeBSD3.4 in below links :

ftp://ftp.isi.edu/rsvp/release/rsvpd.rel4.2a4-1.tar.gz
http://www-x.antd.nist.gov/nistswitch/dist/nistswitch-0.2a.tar.gz

Freebsd 3.4 is too old and we had a lot of changes in Freebsd 9.2 .
We have to use a lot of cost to transfer it to the current version of our
operating system (freebsd 9.2).
Are there newer version of rsvp daemon that usable in freebsd 9.2 ?

regards,
SamiraMiss

Re: implementation of RSVP in FreeBSD

Polytropon
On Tue, 15 Mar 2016 13:25:51 +0330, Samira Nazari wrote:

> hi,
> I want to implemente RSVP daemon in FreeBSD 9.2 .
> I find rsvpd that implementated in FreeBSD3.4 in below links :
>
> ftp://ftp.isi.edu/rsvp/release/rsvpd.rel4.2a4-1.tar.gz
> http://www-x.antd.nist.gov/nistswitch/dist/nistswitch-0.2a.tar.gz
>
> Freebsd 3.4 is too old and we had a lot of changes in Freebsd 9.2 .
> We have to use a lot of cost to transfer it to the current version of our
> operating system (freebsd 9.2).

Sorry, FreeBSD 9.2 is not the current version of FreeBSD. In fact,
it's not supported anymore. FreeBSD 9.3 is the legacy release.
The current production releases are FreeBSD 10.1 and 10.2.
That should be a better target for porting rsvpd to.

> Are there newer version of rsvp daemon that usable in freebsd 9.2 ?

As FreeBSD 9.2 isn't really supported anymore, I assume there
won't be any resources supplied for such a port. So if you want
to implement a RSVP daemon based upon the sources mentioned
above, create a port for FreeBSD 10 (and the new ports infra-
structure which appeared during FreeBSD 9 development and is
now standard for FreeBSD 10 and 11).

Current OS sources and ports collection don't seem to contain
the RSVP daemon. Probably it has been "officially discontinued".
However, there's no reason someone couldn't start to create a new
implementation and provide it to the ports tree.

--
Polytropon
Magdeburg, Germany

Re: implementation of RSVP in FreeBSD

samira
Polytropon wrote
On Tue, 15 Mar 2016 13:25:51 +0330, Samira Nazari wrote:
> hi,
> I want to implemente RSVP daemon in FreeBSD 9.2 .
> I find rsvpd that implementated in FreeBSD3.4 in below links :
>
> ftp://ftp.isi.edu/rsvp/release/rsvpd.rel4.2a4-1.tar.gz
> http://www-x.antd.nist.gov/nistswitch/dist/nistswitch-0.2a.tar.gz
>
> Freebsd 3.4 is too old and we had a lot of changes in Freebsd 9.2 .
> We have to use a lot of cost to transfer it to the current version of our
> operating system (freebsd 9.2).

Sorry, FreeBSD 9.2 is not the current version of FreeBSD. In fact,
it's not supported anymore. FreeBSD 9.3 is the legacy release.
The current production releases are FreeBSD 10.1 and 10.2.
That should be a better target for porting rsvpd to.
you are right ,i'm wrote wrong
my means of "current version" is "my current using version".

Polytropon wrote
> Are there newer version of rsvp daemon that usable in freebsd 9.2 ?

As FreeBSD 9.2 isn't really supported anymore, I assume there
won't be any resources supplied for such a port. So if you want
to implement a RSVP daemon based upon the sources mentioned
above, create a port for FreeBSD 10 (and the new ports infra-
structure which appeared during FreeBSD 9 development and is
now standard for FreeBSD 10 and 11).

Current OS sources and ports collection don't seem to contain
the RSVP daemon. Probably it has been "officially discontinued".
However, there's no reason someone couldn't start to create a new
implementation and provide it to the ports tree.

--
Polytropon
Magdeburg, Germany
Happy FreeBSD user since 4.0
Andra moi ennepe, Mousa, ...
If I can find somebody who is starting to implement it so good :-)