keyboard wonky

Warner Losh
OK. I upgraded my machine from January code to today's code. Thinks are a
bit wonky.

I have Wulf's iichid to get trackpad and touch pad support.  This all works
great (though I had to hack in a config to add the evdev devices to a
config for it to see that).  If I remove this config tweak all that changes
is that the trackpad is now broken :).

However, the keys are wonky (up arrow brings up screen snapshot tool, for
example). And setting the environment variable XKB_DEFAULT_RULES to 'xorg'
doesn't work.

So, what's the next level of tweaking that needs to be done?

Warner

Re: keyboard wonky

Michael Gmelin-2

> On 23. Apr 2020, at 16:09, Warner Losh <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> OK. I upgraded my machine from January code to today's code. Thinks are a
> bit wonky.
>
> I have Wulf's iichid to get trackpad and touch pad support.  This all works
> great (though I had to hack in a config to add the evdev devices to a
> config for it to see that).  If I remove this config tweak all that changes
> is that the trackpad is now broken :).
>
> However, the keys are wonky (up arrow brings up screen snapshot tool, for
> example). And setting the environment variable XKB_DEFAULT_RULES to 'xorg'
> doesn't work.
> So, what's the next level of tweaking that needs to be done?

Add something like

setxkbmap -model pc105 -layout de

to your ~/.xinitrc

You can also play with the command in a terminal (works with most wms).

You‘ll probably need

setxkbmap -model pc104 -layout us

Cheers,
Michael