knobs file and porters-handbook update.

Michael Johnson-3
Hey
     I'm planning on committing an update to doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/
books/porters-handbook/book.sgml
which will add info about a new ports/KNOBS file, which includes a
list of popular knob-names and
knob-descriptions.

I'm not the best writer and I was hoping you guys would look at
http://people.freebsd.org/~ahze/porters-handbook.diff
and
http://people.freebsd.org/~ahze/KNOBS

and critique it before I commit.

Michael

Re: knobs file and porters-handbook update.

Joseph Koshy
> I'm not the best writer and I was hoping you guys would look
> at http://people.freebsd.org/~ahze/porters-handbook.diff

+ <ulink url="http://cvsweb.freebsd.org/ports/KNOBS">KNOBS</ulink>

Using an explicit to the 'HEAD' revision of this file
would result in a better user 'experience'.  Like so:

http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/ports/KNOBS?rev=HEAD&content-type=text/x-cvsweb-markup

--
FreeBSD Volunteer,     http://people.freebsd.org/~jkoshy

On Nov 4, 2005, at 10:34 PM, Joseph Koshy wrote:

>> I'm not the best writer and I was hoping you guys would look
>> at http://people.freebsd.org/~ahze/porters-handbook.diff
>>

> + <ulink url="http://cvsweb.freebsd.org/ports/KNOBS">KNOBS</ulink>
>
> Using an explicit to the 'HEAD' revision of this file
> would result in a better user 'experience'.  Like so:

I get the following error with that link

/usr/local/bin/jade:/usr/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/porters-handbook/
book.sgml:3696:78:E: general entity "content-type" not defined and no
default entity
*** Error code 1

see
http://people.freebsd.org/~ahze/porters-handbook.diff

> http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/ports/KNOBS?rev=HEAD&content-
> type=text/x-cvsweb-markup
>
> --
> FreeBSD Volunteer,     http://people.freebsd.org/~jkoshy

Re: knobs file and porters-handbook update.

Joseph Koshy
> book.sgml:3696:78:E: general entity "content-type" not defined

You'll need to change all raw "&" ampersands to "&amp;" inside
SGML text.

--
FreeBSD Volunteer,     http://people.freebsd.org/~jkoshy