locate.updatedb script

fpineda
Hi everybody!

I have some problems with locate.updatedb script execution. You know this script is execute weekly bye 310.locate script in the periodic weekly maintanance, but every time the periodic weekly is executed the command "find" (in the locate.updatedb) use all procesors resources and it cause others proccess comes fail, like my heartbeat with "losts packets" and "late heartbeat" errors.

In the /usr/libexec/locate.updatedb script /I'd change the line:
: ${find:=find}

by
: ${find:='/usr/bin/nice -n 19 find'}

This was to change the priority for the command find, however the "find command" still take all procesors resources.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!