mail/postfixadmin: Error Regarding "SCOPE_BUBBLE_UP".

mail/postfixadmin: Error Regarding "SCOPE_BUBBLE_UP".

Janky Jay, III
Hello All,

Versions:
FreeBSD - 11.1-RELEASE-p6
PostfixAdmin - 3.1
Smarty3 - 3.1.30
PHP - 5.6.33

        So, I'm unsure if the is due to the most recent update of PostfxAdmin,
Smarty3, or PHP, but I'm seeing the following error upon loading the
login page for PostfixAdmin:

PHP Fatal error:  Undefined class constant 'SCOPE_BUBBLE_UP' in
/usr/local/www/postfixadmin/smarty/libs/sysplugins/smarty_internal_runtime_subtemplate.php
on line 114

        Has anyone else been seeing this? I've tried the PFA FreeNode channel
and the PFA forums on Github but thus far no replies. Has anyone else
seen this behavior or is this a configuration issue of some type, maybe?
I will mention that PFA was working perfectly fine less than a month ago.

Regards,
Janky Jay, III

Re: mail/postfixadmin: Error Regarding "SCOPE_BUBBLE_UP".

Walter Schwarzenfeld

Re: mail/postfixadmin: Error Regarding "SCOPE_BUBBLE_UP".

Janky Jay, III
Thanks, Walter!

Hrm. Very strange that a) Github didn't alert me to the reply and b)
when I checked 2 days ago I didn't see the reply although it says 7 days
ago (bad cache maybe?).

Anyhow, it looks like the port is broken then. I'm unsure why the
current port was expected to work either (unless, as mentioned) it *IS*
a Smarty3 version issue. I'll just contact the maintainer and wait for
the next PFA release.

Thanks again!

Regards,
Janky Jay, III

On 2/11/2018 4:41 PM, Walter Schwarzenfeld wrote: _______________________________________________

Re: mail/postfixadmin: Error Regarding "SCOPE_BUBBLE_UP".

Mel Pilgrim
(Putting on my mail/postfixadmin maintainer hat)

On 2018-02-11 15:24, Janky Jay, III wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> Versions:
> FreeBSD - 11.1-RELEASE-p6
> PostfixAdmin - 3.1
> Smarty3 - 3.1.30

Postfixadmin bundles its own copy of Smarty, and in PFA 3.1 it's Smarty
3.1.29. Installing www/smarty3 isn't necessary. Are you using it for
something else?

Re: mail/postfixadmin: Error Regarding "SCOPE_BUBBLE_UP".

Janky Jay, III

Re: mail/postfixadmin: Error Regarding "SCOPE_BUBBLE_UP".

Janky Jay, III

May have spoken too soon...

On 2/14/2018 7:45 PM, Janky Jay, III wrote:

> Hello Mel,
>
> On 2/13/2018 7:42 AM, Mel Pilgrim wrote:
>> (Putting on my mail/postfixadmin maintainer hat)
>
>> On 2018-02-11 15:24, Janky Jay, III wrote:
>>> Hello All,
>>>
>>> Versions: FreeBSD - 11.1-RELEASE-p6 PostfixAdmin - 3.1 Smarty3
>>> - 3.1.30
>
>> Postfixadmin bundles its own copy of Smarty, and in PFA 3.1 it's
>> Smarty 3.1.29. Installing www/smarty3 isn't necessary. Are you
>> using it for something else?
>
> Ah. That's very interesting. The only reason I had Smarty3
> installed was for PFA (must have been before it shipped with it's
> own version, maybe?). I remember a while back I uninstalled it
> because it was an unused leaf port and immediately PFA stopped
> working with Smarty3 errors in the http logs. I've just removed
> Smarty3 again and PFA seems to work just fine. I have no idea
> what's going on anymore. :)
>
> Thanks a ton for the reply, though! I've got my PFA back!

        I've removed Smarty3 and the login page presents itself (and allows
me to login) without any issue. However, attempting to view anything
within PFA (such as virtual mailboxes or domains), I see the following
error(s) in the http log file:

PHP Warning:
require_once(/usr/local/share/smarty3/plugins/function.html_options.php)
:
failed to open stream: No such file or directory in
/usr/local/www/postfixadmin/templates_c/c508a76bc4b664402a6aa2c93919f1f1
2522a31b_0.file.list.tpl.php
on line 23, referer: https://pfa.domain.tld/list.php?table=domain
PHP Fatal error:  require_once(): Failed opening required
'/usr/local/share/smarty3/plugins/function.html_options.php'
(include_path='.:/usr/local/share/pear') in
/usr/local/www/postfixadmin/templates_c/c508a76bc4b664402a6aa2c93919f1f1
2522a31b_0.file.list.tpl.php
on line 23, referer: https://pfa.domain.tld/list.php?table=domain

        So, it appears like it is still looking for smarty3 outside of it's
document root. Perhaps this is a config I can adjust somewhere? I'll
keep poking around.

On 2018-02-14 19:13, Janky Jay, III wrote:

> May have spoken too soon...
>
> On 2/14/2018 7:45 PM, Janky Jay, III wrote:
>> Hello Mel,
>>
>> On 2/13/2018 7:42 AM, Mel Pilgrim wrote:
>>> (Putting on my mail/postfixadmin maintainer hat)

>>> Postfixadmin bundles its own copy of Smarty, and in PFA 3.1 it's
>>> Smarty 3.1.29. Installing www/smarty3 isn't necessary. Are you
>>> using it for something else?
>>
>> Ah. That's very interesting. The only reason I had Smarty3
>> installed was for PFA (must have been before it shipped with it's
>> own version, maybe?). I remember a while back I uninstalled it
>> because it was an unused leaf port and immediately PFA stopped
>> working with Smarty3 errors in the http logs. I've just removed
>> Smarty3 again and PFA seems to work just fine. I have no idea
>> what's going on anymore. :)
>>
>> Thanks a ton for the reply, though! I've got my PFA back!
>>

> I've removed Smarty3 and the login page presents itself (and allows
> me to login) without any issue. However, attempting to view anything
> within PFA (such as virtual mailboxes or domains), I see the following
> error(s) in the http log file:
>
> PHP Warning:
> require_once(/usr/local/share/smarty3/plugins/function.html_options.php)

So something is rewriting the Smarty path from PFA's
/usr/local/www/postfixadmin/smarty/libs to what I'm guessing is the path
used by the now-removed www/smarty3.

This sounds like a caching issue.  After removing www/smarty3, did you:

- check there were no lingering Smarty Apache/PHP config bits in
httpd.conf, php.ini, etc.;
- restart Apache and, if applicable, the PHP module;
- delete everything in templates_c?

There aren't any configurable options that would change from where
postfixadmin includes Smarty, but the path it uses is set as SMARTY_DIR
in smarty/libs/Autoloader.php and the correct value is ''.

Re: mail/postfixadmin: Error Regarding "SCOPE_BUBBLE_UP".

Janky Jay, III
Hi Mel,

On 02/16/2018 05:02 AM, Mel Pilgrim wrote:

> On 2018-02-14 19:13, Janky Jay, III wrote:
>>
>> May have spoken too soon...
>>
>> On 2/14/2018 7:45 PM, Janky Jay, III wrote:

>>> Ah. That's very interesting. The only reason I had Smarty3
>>> installed was for PFA (must have been before it shipped with it's
>>> own version, maybe?). I remember a while back I uninstalled it
>>> because it was an unused leaf port and immediately PFA stopped
>>> working with Smarty3 errors in the http logs. I've just removed
>>> Smarty3 again and PFA seems to work just fine. I have no idea
>>> what's going on anymore. :)
>>>
>>> Thanks a ton for the reply, though! I've got my PFA back!
>>>

>>     I've removed Smarty3 and the login page presents itself (and allows
>> me to login) without any issue. However, attempting to view anything
>> within PFA (such as virtual mailboxes or domains), I see the following
>> error(s) in the http log file:
>>
>> PHP Warning:
>> require_once(/usr/local/share/smarty3/plugins/function.html_options.php)
>
> So something is rewriting the Smarty path from PFA's
> /usr/local/www/postfixadmin/smarty/libs to what I'm guessing is the path
> used by the now-removed www/smarty3.
>
> This sounds like a caching issue.  After removing www/smarty3, did you:
>
> - check there were no lingering Smarty Apache/PHP config bits in
> httpd.conf, php.ini, etc.;
> - restart Apache and, if applicable, the PHP module;
> - delete everything in templates_c?
>
> There aren't any configurable options that would change from where
> postfixadmin includes Smarty, but the path it uses is set as SMARTY_DIR
> in smarty/libs/Autoloader.php and the correct value is ''.

        Thanks again for the replies. I do appreciate it. I did remove any
config bits from Apache/PHP (most specifically the path to smarty3 in
php.ini) and restarted Apache. However, I did not empty the
"templates_c" directory (DUH!). That seems to have done the trick! Looks
like PFA is back to working again. Thanks again, Mel!

Regards,
Janky Jay, III