mariadb55-server does not check defaults_file

mariadb55-server does not check defaults_file

Beeblebrox
I have mysql55-server, and my attempt to migrate to mariadb failed several times, mainly because mariadb does not check or process this flag in /etc/rc.conf:
mysql_defaults_file="/etc/my.conf"
Because of that, mariadb does not find the databases located in in another folder (not /var/db/mysql) and does not process settings in the config file.
FreeBSD-11-current_amd64_root-on-zfs_RadeonKMS

Re: mariadb55-server does not check defaults_file

Miroslav Lachman
Beeblebrox wrote:
> I have mysql55-server, and my attempt to migrate to mariadb failed several
> times, mainly because mariadb does not check or process this flag in
> /etc/rc.conf:
> mysql_defaults_file="/etc/my.conf"
> Because of that, mariadb does not find the databases located in in another
> folder (not /var/db/mysql) and does not process settings in the config file.

I think this is related to PR 182547 where we discuss the problem from
another end.

Miroslav Lachman