nvme0: Missing interrupt on powerpc64

freebsd-ppc mailing list
Hello,

I'm running FreeBSD 12.0-ALPHA5 on Talos Lite (Power9). I have / on NVME drive.

During boot, I'm getting:
nvme0: Missing interrupt

It happens when /etc/rc.d/kldxref runs. If I press ^C, booting goes on.

--
 _______________________________________
/ A committee is a group that keeps the \

Re: nvme0: Missing interrupt on powerpc64

Justin Hibbits-2
Hi Piotr,
On Fri, Sep 14, 2018 at 3:23 AM Piotr Kubaj via freebsd-ppc
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm running FreeBSD 12.0-ALPHA5 on Talos Lite (Power9). I have / on NVME drive.
>
> During boot, I'm getting:
> nvme0: Missing interrupt
>
> It happens when /etc/rc.d/kldxref runs. If I press ^C, booting goes on.

This is a relatively known issue.  I see it on my Talos II (regular,
currently single-CPU).  It only affects performance, it doesn't affect
system stability, in my case anyway.  Some others have reported NVMe
crashes, but I haven't reproduced on my hardware.  We haven't yet
determined the cause of the missing interrupt, but it happens often,
and causes things to hang for a bit before continuing.

We still have a bit of work to do on the stability and performance
sides on POWER, particularly with the interrupt controller (XIVE) and
the PCIe controller.

- Justin