opera 12.11

Ajtim-2
Hi!

Update to Opera 12.11 and Opera-Linuxplugins 12.11 from 12.10 on my FreeBSD
9.1 RC-3 doen't works anymore:

opera
libpng error: incorrect data check
libpng error: incorrect data check
libpng error: incorrect data check
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

Thanks in advance.

P.S.

I used Clang to build Opera.

Mitja
--------
http://www.redbubble.com/people/lumiwa

Re: opera 12.11

Peter Ulrich Kruppa
On 27.11.2012 12:34, ajtiM wrote:

> Hi!
>
> Update to Opera 12.11 and Opera-Linuxplugins 12.11 from 12.10 on my FreeBSD
> 9.1 RC-3 doen't works anymore:
>
> opera
> libpng error: incorrect data check
> libpng error: incorrect data check
> libpng error: incorrect data check
> Segmentation fault (core dumped)
It is quite a while since, but did you update your graphics/png properly?
Please check /usr/ports/UPDATING 20120531 .

Greetings

Peter

> Thanks in advance.
>
> P.S.
>
> I used Clang to build Opera.
>
> Mitja
> --------
> http://www.redbubble.com/people/lumiwa

Re: opera 12.11

Jakub Lach
> I used Clang to build Opera.

I'm doubting that :)

Anyway, they are already at 12.12 RC so do not get too used
to 12.11...

Re: opera 12.11

Ajtim-2
On Tuesday 27 November 2012 08:08:45 Peter Ulrich Kruppa wrote:

> On 27.11.2012 12:34, ajtiM wrote:
> > Hi!
> >
> > Update to Opera 12.11 and Opera-Linuxplugins 12.11 from 12.10 on my
> > FreeBSD 9.1 RC-3 doen't works anymore:
> >
> > opera
> > libpng error: incorrect data check
> > libpng error: incorrect data check
> > libpng error: incorrect data check
> > Segmentation fault (core dumped)
>
> It is quite a while since, but did you update your graphics/png properly?
> Please check /usr/ports/UPDATING 20120531 .
>
> Greetings
>
> Peter
>
> > Thanks in advance.
> >
> > P.S.
> >
> > I used Clang to build Opera.
> >
> > Mitja
> > --------
> > http://www.redbubble.com/people/lumiwa

As I remember I did portmaster -r png- and it build one day....

Opera 12.10 and before didn't have problems...

Mitja
--------
http://www.redbubble.com/people/lumiwa

Re: opera 12.11

Kevin Oberman-3
On Tue, Nov 27, 2012 at 1:40 PM, ajtiM <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Tuesday 27 November 2012 08:08:45 Peter Ulrich Kruppa wrote:
>> On 27.11.2012 12:34, ajtiM wrote:
>> > Hi!
>> >
>> > Update to Opera 12.11 and Opera-Linuxplugins 12.11 from 12.10 on my
>> > FreeBSD 9.1 RC-3 doen't works anymore:
>> >
>> > opera
>> > libpng error: incorrect data check
>> > libpng error: incorrect data check
>> > libpng error: incorrect data check
>> > Segmentation fault (core dumped)
>>
>> It is quite a while since, but did you update your graphics/png properly?
>> Please check /usr/ports/UPDATING 20120531 .
>>
>> Greetings
>>
>> Peter
>>
>> > Thanks in advance.
>> >
>> > P.S.
>> >
>> > I used Clang to build Opera.
>> >
>> > Mitja
>> > --------
>> > http://www.redbubble.com/people/lumiwa
>
> As I remember I did portmaster -r png- and it build one day....
>
> Opera 12.10 and before didn't have problems...

Try "pkg_libchk -o". If you don't have it, install
sysutils/bsdadminscripts. It can save a LOT of time over portmaster -r
as many ports that will be re-installed with portmaster are dependent
on other ports that use png, but don't use it directly, so don't need
to be re-built. In many cases only about 10% of the ports that
"depend" on some library actually link to the sharable, though png is
linked to far more things than most.

An occasional run will also catch oversights, like missing an UPDATING
entry or having a shareable version updated, but not entered into
UPDATING.  I think it should be a part of the weekly periodic run. (I
also think it should be in the base system.)

I am not sure if pkg_libchk works with pkgng. Dominic?
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
E-mail: [hidden email]

Re: opera 12.11

Ajtim-2
On Tuesday 27 November 2012 17:24:31 Kevin Oberman wrote:

> On Tue, Nov 27, 2012 at 1:40 PM, ajtiM <[hidden email]> wrote:

> >> It is quite a while since, but did you update your graphics/png
> >> properly? Please check /usr/ports/UPDATING 20120531 .
> >>
> >> Greetings
> >>
> >> Peter

> > As I remember I did portmaster -r png- and it build one day....
> >
> > Opera 12.10 and before didn't have problems...
>
> Try "pkg_libchk -o". If you don't have it, install
> sysutils/bsdadminscripts. It can save a LOT of time over portmaster -r
> as many ports that will be re-installed with portmaster are dependent
> on other ports that use png, but don't use it directly, so don't need
> to be re-built. In many cases only about 10% of the ports that
> "depend" on some library actually link to the sharable, though png is
> linked to far more things than most.
>
> An occasional run will also catch oversights, like missing an UPDATING
> entry or having a shareable version updated, but not entered into
> UPDATING.  I think it should be a part of the weekly periodic run. (I
> also think it should be in the base system.)
>
> I am not sure if pkg_libchk works with pkgng. Dominic?

I am running pkg_libck -o and everything is corrup because it calls pkg_info
(I use pkgng).

Mitja
--------
http://www.redbubble.com/people/lumiwa

Re: opera 12.11

Ajtim-2
On Tuesday 27 November 2012 17:24:31 Kevin Oberman wrote:

> On Tue, Nov 27, 2012 at 1:40 PM, ajtiM <[hidden email]> wrote:

> >> It is quite a while since, but did you update your graphics/png
> >> properly? Please check /usr/ports/UPDATING 20120531 .
> >>
> >> Greetings
> >>
> >> Peter

> > As I remember I did portmaster -r png- and it build one day....
> >
> > Opera 12.10 and before didn't have problems...
>
> Try "pkg_libchk -o". If you don't have it, install
> sysutils/bsdadminscripts. It can save a LOT of time over portmaster -r
> as many ports that will be re-installed with portmaster are dependent
> on other ports that use png, but don't use it directly, so don't need
> to be re-built. In many cases only about 10% of the ports that
> "depend" on some library actually link to the sharable, though png is
> linked to far more things than most.
>
> An occasional run will also catch oversights, like missing an UPDATING
> entry or having a shareable version updated, but not entered into
> UPDATING.  I think it should be a part of the weekly periodic run. (I
> also think it should be in the base system.)
>
> I am not sure if pkg_libchk works with pkgng. Dominic?

After rebuilding kdebindings4, kdebindings4-perl-perlqt and kdebindings4-perl-
perlkde, pkg_libchk didn't find any problem.

Mitja
--------
http://www.redbubble.com/people/lumiwa

Re: opera 12.11

Lars Engels-2
On Tue, Nov 27, 2012 at 05:55:45PM -0600, ajtiM wrote:

> On Tuesday 27 November 2012 17:24:31 Kevin Oberman wrote:

> > > As I remember I did portmaster -r png- and it build one day....
> > >
> > > Opera 12.10 and before didn't have problems...
> >
> > Try "pkg_libchk -o". If you don't have it, install
> > sysutils/bsdadminscripts. It can save a LOT of time over portmaster -r
> > as many ports that will be re-installed with portmaster are dependent
> > on other ports that use png, but don't use it directly, so don't need
> > to be re-built. In many cases only about 10% of the ports that
> > "depend" on some library actually link to the sharable, though png is
> > linked to far more things than most.
> >
> > An occasional run will also catch oversights, like missing an UPDATING
> > entry or having a shareable version updated, but not entered into
> > UPDATING.  I think it should be a part of the weekly periodic run. (I
> > also think it should be in the base system.)
> >
> > I am not sure if pkg_libchk works with pkgng. Dominic?
>
> I am running pkg_libck -o and everything is corrup because it calls pkg_info
> (I use pkgng).
In pkg_libchk you have to change pkg_info -> pkg info and in one place
remove a parameter to pkg_* that pkg doesn't understand. -E IIRC.

Re: opera 12.11

Mark Martinec-6
Mitja wrote:
> Update to Opera 12.11 and Opera-Linuxplugins 12.11 from 12.10 on my FreeBSD
> 9.1 RC-3 doen't works anymore:
>
> opera
> libpng error: incorrect data check
> libpng error: incorrect data check
> libpng error: incorrect data check
> Segmentation fault (core dumped)

Same here (9.1-RC3 amd64):

$ opera
libpng error: incorrect data check
Bus error: 10

> P.S.
> I used Clang to build Opera.

Not me, just a system's default cc:
  cc (GCC) 4.2.1 20070831 patched [FreeBSD]
Also no CC-related settings in /etc/make.conf .

Peter Ulrich Kruppa wrote:
> It is quite a while since, but did you update your graphics/png properly?
> Please check /usr/ports/UPDATING 20120531 .

Yes, ports depending on graphics/png were rebuilt in July.

Just in case, I fetched a fresh FreeBSD 9.1 from CVS and re-installed it:

$ uname -a
FreeBSD xxx 9.1-PRERELEASE FreeBSD 9.1-PRERELEASE #0:
  Wed Nov 28 16:58:36 CET 2012 mark@xxx:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/XXX  amd64

and re-did the "portmaster -r png-" as suggested in UPDATING
(took a day, including qt4 and kde4), then re-installed www/opera.
No change, still: libpng error: incorrect data check, Bus error

Perhaps I should note that my opera is supposed to have
several tabs open in the startup session.

Kevin Oberman  wrote:
> Try "pkg_libchk -o".

All clean, "pkg_libchk -o" is happy, everything else works fine.

  Mark